Snagging pole input.......

Snagging pole input.......

I use to snag years ago and used a 16' foot /w/ 309 Penn.. I could not get anyone to go after a while and sold it. I got a good deal on it when I bought it. $75 for a whole rig. I sold it and got my money back. Well, any ways I want to get back into it. I don't want to sink a lot of money into one, but what would be a good pole for the money? I may go spinning reel in stead of the baitcasting. I already have the reels. I have been looking at 11' Catmaxx from BPS. I hate 2 piece rods, but I think glue it together and wrap with nylon string and epoxy it, then it will be strong enough with out breaking. I searched on the web and on Craig's list with no luck. Mack's had a few looked to be 14' poles, so next week I may go by check them out.

Thanks. wnw

Back when I first got into it. I had a beef stick. It was 2 piece 12 ft. I wrapped it and glued it together. Worked fine, but after a while the plastic in the eyes came out, and ate line up. I hear about the budget but the lami glass is the best way to go. It'll last forever if wrapped and tooken care of. I have a few pens 320 is what id go with. But I also have a spincast 990. Pricey but amazing. I use electric sometimes but the 990 is just as good as pushing a button! Jmo

I found a Meat Hunter 13' XH pole with eyes and reel seat for $119... I thinking re-wrap all eyes and seat my reel and wrap it as well should be ok. I got a reel, it is a spinning reel, heavy duty as that, I t holds up to 30lbs and may be able to go bigger. Like I said, don't want to sink a lot of money into one.

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    I use to snag alot and I can't think of the bait shop there close to LR but, they where call Arkansas Cane Poles all one pieace fiberglass and strong. Up here at South Town they have one pieace snagging rods. Can't think of the name of them I fine out for you.

Still go when there is water at Tichnor.Hatchet Jacks in LR still sells snagging gear.The best rods are Fenwick or Lamniglass one piece 14 ft long.I haven't been ther in a while but they used to have either rod fully rigged with eyes and wrapped or just the blanks.I have 2 Fenwick rods and my buddy has a Lamniglass and both are good rods.One of my Fenwick rods is 20 years old and still in good shape.

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmille5 View Post
    Still go when there is water at Tichnor.Hatchet Jacks in LR still sells snagging gear.The best rods are Fenwick or Lamniglass one piece 14 ft long.I haven't been ther in a while but they used to have either rod fully rigged with eyes and wrapped or just the blanks.I have 2 Fenwick rods and my buddy has a Lamniglass and both are good rods.One of my Fenwick rods is 20 years old and still in good shape.
    That's the place and Lamniglass we called them Arkansas Cane Poles.

I called over at Wild Goose and their poles are $200... I'd like to find a used one. I even saw one in the paper for a rig with electric motor for $400.. I'll call at Hatchet Jack's....

Quote Originally Posted by woodsnwater View Post
    I called over at Wild Goose and their poles are $200... I'd like to find a used one. I even saw one in the paper for a rig with electric motor for $400.. I'll call at Hatchet Jack's....
    Yeah, I'm one that has a ton of money in one. But when the fish are in there its funniest way to fish. Imo
    But a 2 piece will work fine long as u wrap it and make it sturdy. I love the 14ft 1 pice a lot better, jus seems to handle the fish better. Get what u can afford and go do some yanking.

13ft fenwick with blank med action inside with nylon rope to wrap pole and a penn 330 gti

only thing a 2 piece is good for is breaking... get a lamiglass and a 309 or 330. ive got some extra electric setups if your get the pole and reel

Quote Originally Posted by tsanders View Post
    only thing a 2 piece is good for is breaking... get a lamiglass and a 309 or 330. ive got some extra electric setups if your get the pole and reel
    X2 2 piece rod won't last save your money for a real snagging pole Fenwick or Lamniglass