Little Rock Archery Shops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Little Rock Archery Shops

I will be in LR next week and want to go find me a new bow, what archery shops are there in LR other than Archer's Advantage? (I don't have any issue with AA, just looking for more than one shop)

cropdustersteve is offline Select Member
    2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdiggity View Post
    I will be in LR next week and want to go find me a new bow, what archery shops are there in LR other than Archer's Advantage? (I don't have any issue with AA, just looking for more than one shop)
    Why don't you hit up Archery Outfitters in Texarkana since you're in SW Ark? There's also a shop in Hope. I wouldn't mess with AA. Also, you should check out Gford's place, GT.

I wouldnt go to AA if you were buying me a bow, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cropdustersteve View Post
    Why don't you hit up Archery Outfitters in Texarkana since you're in SW Ark? There's also a shop in Hope. I wouldn't mess with AA. Also, you should check out Gford's place, GT.
    I went in AO a couple of times and didn't get much help from the guys, all they wanted to do was sell you a mathews.

What is Gford's place (GT) you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    I wouldnt go to AA if you were buying me a bow, just saying.
    Well I'm asking for alternatives. I used to know most of the shops in Central Ark, but haven't lived up there in almost 20 years. I used to do a lot of business with Kings Hardware/Outdoors in Conway when I lived there but I don't even think that place exists any more.

If you are coming from the southwest you really need to stop at archers image in hotsprings.JJ and Anthony are great guys to deal with and have great prices on bows.NO pressure sale will let you shoot every bow they got untill you find the one you like.They have about 5 or 6 lines of bows.

I've done a lot of business at Archers Advantage & will probably be going there today to get me a new target bag... Good folks.

In central, not any choices really. Pine Bluff has decent shop. The others listed already.
    Scuba Archery Center in Hot Springs is similar to AA.

Archers Image has done good by me but im fixing to buy new bow myself and was told to go to a shop in Mnt. Home or somewhere up there.

The shop i was talking bout in is Mnt George.

Bowcrazy is offline Grand Member
    2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
    I went in AO a couple of times and didn't get much help from the guys, all they wanted to do was sell you a mathews.

Ive been to Archery Outfitters alot always got great service. I didnt get my new bow there but wasnt because of service. Never felt pushed at all. Hate to hear that.

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    X2 Gford

Really?!I'm a mathews fan, and last time I was looking for a bow he was trying to get me to give one of the Hoyts a try. He's a pretty big Hoyt fan from what I can tell, but he'll shoot you straight on all of them. He knows his stuff too. My wife got her bow at AA, and we were having problems with it. Jeff fixed everything that they screwed up or hadn't done in the first place.
    GT Archery is Gfords place. He's south of LR off of I30. Awesome shop, awesome equipment, and 5 star knowledge and service. Shoot him a PM, or someone on here can give you his number. I would, but my phone's out of commission for good I'm afraid, and you know I don't know anyone's number without it.

Really?!I'm a mathews fan, and last time I was looking for a bow he was trying to get me to give one of the Hoyts a try. He's a pretty big Hoyt fan from what I can tell, but he'll shoot you straight on all of them. He knows his stuff too. My wife got her bow at AA, and we were having problems with it. Jeff fixed everything that they screwed up or hadn't done in the first place.
    GT Archery is Gfords place. He's south of LR off of I30. Awesome shop, awesome equipment, and 5 star knowledge and service. Shoot him a PM, or someone on here can give you his number. I would, but my phone's out of commission for good I'm afraid, and you know I don't know anyone's number without it.
    Thanks for the info CropDuster. I'm sure the folks at AO are good folks, just lost my business on a bad experience.

Bottom line, I am stuck in LR all day on Thurs to take my daughter to something and won't have a thing to do while I'm there so I thought I'd go shoot some bows.

X3 on Gford!! Only person that touches mine!

Thanks for the info CropDuster. I'm sure the folks at AO are good folks, just lost my business on a bad experience.

Bottom line, I am stuck in LR all day on Thurs to take my daughter to something and won't have a thing to do while I'm there so I thought I'd go shoot some bows.
    If you're not looking for Mathews or Hoyt Gford was carrying Strothers, Elite, Rytera/Martin, and more the last time I checked in over there. Pretty cool brands that you can't hardly get anywhere else in Arkansas. Check him out. Wouldn't be a hard drive from the T-town area if you needed something worked on that you got there.

I've got an email into gford, haven't heard back yet, but I plan to stop by there

I started shooting a bow about this time 2 years ago. I did a Google search and went to the two closest bow shops I could find, both in Conway. The first was not a good experience. Then I went into 12Ring just east of Conway. I told them what I was looking for and how much I could spend and they really took care of me. They didn't try to sell me something that was 2x my budget and they treated me with respect. I made my very first shot ever with a bow there and they walked me through the process and helped me out a bunch. Fast forward about a year. I practiced a ton that year and was shooting 4-6" groups at 60 yards with my little 50lb $200 youth bow with $75 worth of accessories on it and wanted a faster bow. I walked into AA which was not busy at all and had 2 guys behind the counter talking bows. After about 5 minutes of standing there listening to them, I interrupted and asked them about looking at some bows. I pretty much knew what I wanted but they treated me like I was an idiot, acting condescending. I asked them about sights, rest and releases and all they wanted to do was sell me the most expensive thing they had. I walked out and will never return.

I ended up finding a bow on AT, but got all my accessories at 12Ring and they set it up and tuned it for me at no charge (won't get that at AA)

http://www.12ringarcheryinc.com/
    12Ring will be the only place around that I will do business with.

I do hear that you'll get good service at Mt. George in Centerville. It would be a bit longer drive.

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    In central, not any choices really. Pine Bluff has decent shop. The others listed already.
    Scuba Archery Center in Hot Springs is similar to AA.

Went there when I was looking for a bow and they were very helpfull. Too far from home though.

12 ring

Go to 12 ring in conway Gary and Karen will get you started. They carry Athens, Bowtech, Ross, and pearson. They have others they can get on request. Best service around the area.
    GT is also a good choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast