Winchester SX3 vs. Benelli SBE2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Winchester SX3 vs. Benelli SBE2

Time to invest in a new waterfowl gun. I do not have the opportunity to shoot either one of these guns before I purchase one. What I'm wanting from you guys is yalls opinion on either one...or both. How do they shoot? Shoulder?? Point and Aim? Recoil? Jamming Issues? Now don't give me a line about Benelli is going to be better because you have had a Nova for the past 5 years and it's flawless. I could care less.....I only want your opinion if you have shot or own one of these guns listed above. No bashing of each others opinions or guns allowed.....

SBE2 has done be great. Easy to clean cycles any kind of shells. Several good used ones around also

Smile Sx3

3 yrs. No problems. I would buy another one!

They are both great. I shoot Benellis bc I like inertia guns. They are simple and easy to clean and just work. I shoot a Benelli Vinci now.

The winchester will have less recoil bc its a gas operated gun. It will do everything the benelli will and save you several hundred bucks in the process. However, I am willingto pay extra bc I prefer the benelli. The SBE2 would be my choice.

BPShunter is offline Member
    2008 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    I have both guns and prefer the SX3. Points better, kicks less and really isn't that much harder to clean. I recommend the Winch".

BPShunter

Browning maxus is worth looking at also.

Man up and get a Beretta Xtrema 2

I have never shot the sx3 but I have friends that shoot them and love them. I have shot the sbe2 and like it but I have large hands and the trigger gaurd is ruff on my middle finger on trigger hand. I know lots of folks that shoot the sbe2 and never had this problem. Either to me would be a fine choice I have been shooting a friends sbe2 for a couple weeks and have figured out how to adjust my grip so it doesn't hurt my hand.

im a Beretta Xtrema 2 man! go with the sx3. sbe2 is a great gun(owned by beretta) but i cant shoot the gun for crap because of the dove tail sight i like a flat ribbed gun. i would go with the sx3 out of the two less recoil and two gun smiths that are the best in the biz have both said the sx3 will patern better than any gun on the market! it will even beat my BX2 if you get the gun i will say this it would go to rob roberts to get patterned and choke tubes check him out
    http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/

this is what he has done to my gun (and every gun i own)
    i shoot the T3 in the field and T2 in the woods
    forcing cones lengthened ( if you have any of these done do this one)
    pattern testing
    polishing the action
    cryogenic treatment
    the slammer
    then again you only live once and if you like the gun get it all done that is what i did
    Last edited by zpenter; 01-08-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zpenter View Post
    im a Beretta Xtrema 2 man! go with the sx3. sbe2 is a great gun(owned by beretta) but i cant shoot the gun for crap because of the dove tail sight i like a flat ribbed gun. i would go with the sx3 out of the two less recoil and two gun smiths that are the best in the biz have both said the sx3 will patern better than any gun on the market! it will even beat my BX2 if you get the gun i will say this it would go to rob roberts to get patterned and choke tubes check him out
    http://www.robrobertsgunworks.com/

pattern testing
    polishing the action
    cryogenic treatment
    the slammer
    then again you only live once and if you like the gun get it all done that is what i did
    Or you could just get the benelli. They come with cryogenic barrels and choke tubes. Absolutely no need for aftermarket choke tubes unless you like the extended tubes for ease of removing in the blind....i do.But the crio chokes are on par wroth any aftermarket choke tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by zpenter View Post

pattern testing
    polishing the action
    cryogenic treatment
    the slammer
    It seems everyone I talk to seems to say it is the best pointing gun on the market! As far as the chokes go I plan on doing a little experiencing with them all.....I appreciate everyones input on this! Why is the Benelli 300 more than the sx3? Is it the name your paying for or is it that much better? As far as shouldering I go, I shouldered both of them side by side yesterday and they both seemed to b very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowjones View Post
    It seems everyone I talk to seems to say it is the best pointing gun on the market! As far as the chokes go I plan on doing a little experiencing with them all.....I appreciate everyones input on this! Why is the Benelli 300 more than the sx3? Is it the name your paying for or is it that much better? As far as shouldering I go, I shouldered both of them side by side yesterday and they both seemed to b very similar.
    Part is name but your are also paying for the crio barrel and choke tubes. Also, you get 5 chokes instead of 3. If you are leaning towards the SBE2 and don't often shoot 3.5, then the Vinci is the best gun on the market IMO. However, it is a 3" gun. If that interests you, ley me know and I'll give you more info. I shoot a Vinci and my brother a SBE2. Ive put a lot of shells through both.

If you prefer the Win, buy it and save yourself $300.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowjones View Post
    why spend money experimenting rob takes like 10 chokes or more and fits it to your gun not all choke tubes and gun combo work you can go get 10 of the same gun and 10 of the same choke and all will shoot different he will find the one that is right for your gun not just one you get with your gun or off a shelf and out of a box. but it comes down to what you want

Both are good guns. I personally shoot an Extrema 2 but have shouldered and shot friends SX3's and SBE2's and liked them both. Between those 2 guns I would likely go with the SX3 to save a little money.

i was in your shoes a few months ago. Was torn between the exact two guns, I had the chance to shoot both at macks and Id pick the SX3 anyday over the SBE2! and ive always shot benellis

I have shot both and the SX3 is the best gun out there. Hands down a better shouldering gun than the SBEII. Have had mine for 3 and a half years. Not a problem with it yet!!

i bought my sx3 when they first came out and i have never looked at another shotgun the same. I won the sbe2 at a du banquet a while back shot a couple boxes through it and sold it to a hunting buddy who still shots his 870 over it. He says he likes the pump due to hes a better shot with it but personal preference i say. But hands down i prefer the sx3 over the sbe2 plus once you get a patternmaster on it you wont be wanting to change guns anytime soon. And honestly the cleaning of the gun is very simple after the first time same as any other gun. I have gone all season so far with out doing a deep clean on my gun just doing a little oil in the chamber and cleaning the barrel. The trigger action still works flawlessly and chambers shells wonderfully. Dumb yes.

I've hunted with a SBE II 28" bbl for 5-6 years now. LOVE IT Personally wouldn't consider anything else..

If you shoot 3.5" go with the SBE II. If you don't then shoot the M2. Basically the same gun but not 3.5. That's what I have. Both the SBE and the SX3 need to be cleaned after every hunt. If you do they will never jam. I can strip my benelli down to bare bones in a matter of seconds. I love that. If you want a gas gun I would consider the Maxus. My buddy has one and it made me rethink my decision on my benelli

Quote Originally Posted by green_head_getter View Post
    If you shoot 3.5" go with the SBE II. If you don't then shoot the M2. Basically the same gun but not 3.5. That's what I have. Both the SBE and the SX3 need to be cleaned after every hunt. If you do they will never jam. I can strip my benelli down to bare bones in a matter of seconds. I love that. If you want a gas gun I would consider the Maxus. My buddy has one and it made me rethink my decision on my benelli
    Not True. I have shot well over a case through my SX3 this year without cleaning it and it still hasn't jammed. I sold my SBE2 last year and it did have to be cleaned every few hunts. The SX3 is the best by far. Take it from someone that has owned both. I shot that jamming up Benelli for 3 years because all I ever heard was how great of a gun they were. I'll put my SX3 up against any other auto on the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast