House Guests

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: House Guests

House Guests

Background:
    Mike (the Mr) works with a guy, lets call him Bob. Bob and his wife have been our house guests 2 times before. They have 2 small children that aren't too bad as far as other peoples kids go. They have a little dog that needs beat with a stick but we have never really had any issues with them.

Mike invited Bob up for some hunting - they took a couple days off work for it. Was just supposed to be 'the guys'. Works out well for me, Ive got things I need to get done that I don't generally want anyone under foot for. Bob called Monday, GREAT NEWS!!! His wife and kids are coming too! There goes me getting my stuff done. Ok, no big deal I guess, I can do it some other time.

They arrive Wednesday evening, 5pm. I left at 5:40 to go pick my boy up from wrestling practice, get back to the house around 6:15. In the 35 minutes I was gone, they got into a huge fight with each other (right in front of Mike) about how crappy of a spouse each other are. Even went on to argue about the affairs each other are having.

As soon as I got back, they up and left - without their kids. Said they needed to go talk for a few minutes. Hello, the kids don't like being left (we might as well be strangers to them) and of course the little one starts to cry, the 4yr old starts asking a million questions. Mike and I are sitting and looking at each other with the deer in the headlights look. After they came back they were very apologetic, felt bad for airing their dirty laundry blah blah blah. Apparently they didn't feel very bad about it because that is all they have talked about since getting here.

So I'm cooking for 8 people now. She doesn't offer to help cook. She doesn't offer to help clean up the dishes. Shoot, she doesn't even clean up the juice her son loves to squirt all over the floor. As soon as we sat down to dinner last night, she decided her kids wont eat what I cooked (beans, cornbread, fried taters!) so she proceeded to crack open the lunch meat I just bought for my kids lunches and fed them half a pound of sliced ham.

She brought a huge bag full of snack food (actually it appears its what she gives her kids for most of their meals) - feeding her kids honey buns, slim jims, snack crackers, cookies, the whole 9 yards. I have taught my kids not to ask other people for their food - but how darned rude is it to bring a bunch of snack type stuff into my house in front of my kids and then never even offer to let them have one?

UGH these people aren't leaving until sometime tomorrow.

Had to vent, I'm losing my mind here.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogTacos View Post
    So I'm cooking for 8 people now. She doesn't offer to help cook. She doesn't offer to help clean up the dishes. Shoot, she doesn't even clean up the juice her son loves to squirt all over the floor. As soon as we sat down to dinner last night, she decided her kids wont eat what I cooked (beans, cornbread, fried taters!) so she proceeded to crack open the lunch meat I just bought for my kids lunches and fed them half a pound of sliced ham.
    Heck, put out an extra plate. I'll come eat beans, cornbread and taters and won't clean up after myself either.

Sounds like Mike needs to find another friend.

Ya we agreed they wont be invited back - EVER. Also have no intention on taking them up on their offer to go visit them.

so sorry you are dealing with this mess. It should soon be over and it's up to you for it not to happen again. Sometimes life can throw us a bag of lemons and the only thing left to do is to make lemonade. I feel your pain and hoping the time passes quickly for you. I have also known folks like you describe here and I have no respect for those who take advantage of others. Makes ya feel sorry for the little ones that are involved in such a mess.

It sounds like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation at your house right now. Hate to hear it. Just hope they don't show up unannounced some time for a visit...lol.

Im not even the kind that would let a guest in my home help with the dishes. An offer would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac7825 View Post
    It sounds like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation at your house right now. Hate to hear it. Just hope they don't show up unannounced some time for a visit...lol.
    Its a 6 hour drive for them, I would be the first one to turn it into a 12 if they showed up uninvited.

Your much nicer than me, they WOULD be leaving sooner than tomorrow.

On another note, better put out two plates, I'll be joining Mr C.!

Quote Originally Posted by arcountryboy View Post
    Your much nicer than me, they WOULD be leaving sooner than tomorrow.

On another note, better put out two plates, I'll be joining Mr C.!
    The taters didn't make it past the first round. I'm about to have some leftover beans and cornbread for breakfast though!

id done set them in there place if they get there feelings hurt oh well but ill be if i get treated like that in my own house

The taters didn't make it past the first round. I'm about to have some leftover beans and cornbread for breakfast though!
    should'a put some onions in the taters, that might of run'um off.

I have to agree that you are a much nicer person then some of us.

We have large dinners quite often, one time my wife invited one her new "walking buddies" and her family (Bringing the total up to 30 people). As everybody was eating the MR. says "my kids don't like BBQ or tater salad or cole slaw. Don't you have some hotdogs we could feed them". I told him "my kids don't like HOTDOGS, but Cranfords is right down the road, you can pick some up on the way home". that was the first time and the last time those folks will be seen at my house.

Its been a hard pill for me to swallow sometimes but I have had to force myself to understand that most people don't do their kids how I have done mine (and how my parents did me) - you eat whats in front of you or you go hungry. There are usually 3 options on my table, you can skip whatever you don't like. Go to bed with yer belly growling, its your own fault. I will never force my kids to eat something, but I sure aint going out of my way to fix them something else - only exception being a sick kid. That is always hot noodle soup.

time to get drunk and clean you guns in you boxer at the dinner table

that will run em off, maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
    time to get drunk and clean you guns in you boxer at the dinner table

that will run em off, maybe....
    I prefer panties to boxers

I prefer panties to boxers
    Pics or it didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chitlin View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen...
    And are you going to promise me that if I post a picture of myself sitting at the table cleaning the guns in my panties I would NOT get banned?

You are allowed a few infractions before you are banned. If a guy on here posted pics of him setting at the table in panties cleaning his guns then that might be automatic ban for life but I think you would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by keeb View Post
    You are allowed a few infractions before you are banned. If a guy on here posted pics of him setting at the table in panties cleaning his guns then that might be automatic ban for life but I think you would be ok.
    And I was gettin all excited, guess ya'll will just have to settle for Frog tacos in her panties instead of me in my thongs.

And I was gettin all excited, guess ya'll will just have to settle for Frog tacos in her panties instead of me in my thongs.
    Oh come on....it's almost lunch time. Don't put those thoughts of you like that in our head.

Now wait a minute here. Is that a fleece thong? Is it blaze orange on one side and camo on the other? That would be just sharing a picture of your hunting gear.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast