best time of year to squirrel hunt?

best time of year to squirrel hunt?

I am a squirrel hunter, i hunt with elk hounds and fiests, iv still hunted all my life but this year is my 2nd year hunting with my dogs, just wondering if any one knew the best time to hunt with dogs? ie been out 6 times in this month and bagged 21 so far. But i know my dogs a capable of doing better, so if and hints or suggestions just let me know. thanks

Although it probably won't make you real popular with the deer hunters, I have always felt like November and December are the best months. If you can get out on a day when its not real windy, you should be able to tear them up. I don't hunt with dogs but on a calm day I limit out every time. We have a lot of squirrels. Good Luck and check the regs before you go out some areas do not allow dogs during deer season.

I go after MG deer season in Dec....always have good luck

If it is anything like fishing, then it would be yesterday. At least that's when I should have gone.

Squirrels

ME AND THE KIDS WENT THIS AFTER NOON AND GOT 13 IN HOUR AND HALF HAD A BLAST. THE LEAFS ARE GETIN RITE TO SEE THE SQ.I LIKE TO HUNT WHEN ITS NOT REAL WINDY . JUST AHEAD OF A FROUNT IS GOOD STILL FOGGY DAY IS GOOD .ANY DAY IN THE WOODS WITH MY DOGS AND BUDDYS AND KIDS IS A GREAT DAY.BEEN HUNTING WITH DOGS FOR 30 YEARS IF YOU HAVE ANY ? FILL FREE TO ASK ME PROBLY HAVE EXPEINCED IT.

I could have bagged my limit in 10 minutes yesterday or today.....the squirrels were going crazy.....but all I had was my 30-30

December & January best for squirrel hunting IMO

See title. Says it all

anytime from now til end of season especially when the winds not real strong and its not below zero degrees