Quantcast
Northeast Arkansas Pre rut is on....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Northeast Arkansas Pre rut is on....

and the full rut will start this weekend. Trust me. GET IN THE WOODS !!!

How bout Southest Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by btech29 View Post
    How bout Southest Kansas?
    Dont know about Kansas. I do know the rut will start in N.E.A sometime this weekend into next week.

I got a good report from KS, btech. Its windy and hot this week, but a front is coming through this weekend. Get out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetrock View Post
    I got a good report from KS, btech. Its windy and hot this week, but a front is coming through this weekend. Get out there!!
    I seen the weather is going to be in the 30's in the morning and highs in the 60's. Wind is going to be out of the North. That is a recipe for a good ole fashion killin.

Ive been out the past week and have seen a big change in deer movement, and the bucks are hitting scrapes HARD. Necks are swollen, and tasels stink. Does should come around in the the next 5-7 days, then things will really fire up !!!

Saw 2 different bucks chasing 2 different does this afternoon. One was a stud! This is the time of the year that I live for.

last week of october or first week of november every year.

Word!

Planning an all-day sit Saturday. My wife has requested my appearance at a Halloween party Sat night, and I might just be late and dressed up as a deer hunter.

Of course, you never know, I have planned an all day sit before only to have it interupted after 15minutes in the stand. Ended up dragging a buck all morning and driving to the taxidermist by early afternoon. I just hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weatherman View Post
    and the full rut will start this weekend. Trust me. GET IN THE WOODS !!!
    Not sure how far Northeast you are, but there's not an inkling of rut around the Cache or East Central Arkansas. I would expect some slight pre-rut activity starting this weekend into next week. I don't see the peak of the rut for at least 3 to 4 weeks, around where I hunt anyway. Good luck.

The 10pt i killed on opening day of ML season his neck was BIG around and he had 15 scapes around that one stand. He had a smell to him to. I think by gun season it will be full on.

I live by Jordon and it's on up this way. By lake Norfork.

Quote Originally Posted by meatgravy View Post
    Not sure how far Northeast you are, but there's not an inkling of rut around the Cache or East Central Arkansas. I would expect some slight pre-rut activity starting this weekend into next week. I don't see the peak of the rut for at least 3 to 4 weeks, around where I hunt anyway. Good luck.
    I'd bet that next weekend will be better than this weekend, but I'm not planning on missing either one.

I have noticed that my deer have started to come out in the daylight more often this past week. A few shooters have even showed up early in the morning and right at dusk. Hopefully it we will have some action this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbshunter View Post
    I'd bet that next weekend will be better than this weekend, but I'm not planning on missing either one.
    I also think the best weekend "peak" will be next weekend "youth hunt 6-7", but why miss out on any of it !?!?

Rutting behavior is supposed to be linked to moon phases. We just came out of the "rutting moon" which is the first full moon after the fall equinox. Which means rutting activity should be getting good.

I hope your right weatherman. I've got a boy who is ready to put something on the ground. We seen some small bucks harassing the doe's this past weekend. Not going to be able to go this weekend due to his birthday party, only weekend to do it, and a thing going on at church for the kids sat. afternoon. But the weekend end of the youth hunt we will be out in full force. Maybe he can kill him another big one again, that would make a good b-day present since he will be turning 13 on the 4th.

i put in alot of hours on the stand this past weekend and didn't see much... hope this weekend will be better! going tonight so we'll see

im in conway and i saw a good buck chasing a doe yesterday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark hunter View Post
    i put in alot of hours on the stand this past weekend and didn't see much... hope this weekend will be better! going tonight so we'll see
    Look around for a scrape or rub line in the woods. Hunt it in the evening and late morning....Good luck !!!

I hope your right weatherman. With the weather change coming I see lots of dead bucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by seymore whitetail View Post
    I hope your right weatherman. With the weather change coming I see lots of dead bucks!!
    Yep, Freezing temps Friday and Saturday morning !!! I have seen alot more movement this week, and scrapes popping up EVERYWHERE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Penn View Post
    Rutting behavior is supposed to be linked to moon phases. We just came out of the "rutting moon" which is the first full moon after the fall equinox. Which means rutting activity should be getting good.
    Funny, I was j ust reading in "deer and deer hunting" magazine about the rutting moon being the second full moon after the fall equinox.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutshooter View Post
    Funny, I was j ust reading in "deer and deer hunting" magazine about the rutting moon being the second full moon after the fall equinox.
    You guys read and believe anything you want, but if your not in the woods in NEA the last 2 days of October threw the first 12 or so days of Novemeber you WILL miss peak rut !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutshooter View Post
    LOL, well its been 6 plus years since I read this in the "deer and deer hunting" mag and then it was the first! Times are changing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weatherman View Post
    You guys read and believe anything you want, but if your not in the woods in NEA the last 2 days of October threw the first 12 or so days of Novemeber you WILL miss peak rut !!!
    The rut along with many other things is directly related to moon phases and length of daylight! Everyone says well its getting cold furbearers should been prime, rut should start, etc. Moon phases and length of daylight is where its at, it just so happens that its usually around the same time temps drop. I'm not arguing the fact about the end of Oct.- early Nov. being the best time.....again it just so happens that this is the time of year you can expect to see the "rutting moon".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Penn View Post
    The rut along with many other things is directly related to moon phases and length of daylight! Everyone says well its getting cold furbearers should been prime, rut should start, etc. Moon phases and length of daylight is where its at, it just so happens that its usually around the same time temps drop. I'm not arguing the fact about the end of Oct.- early Nov. being the best time.....again it just so happens that this is the time of year you can expect to see the "rutting moon".
    I agree and that means it will start this weekend threw the first few days of November !

This thread is bring me down! I won't be able to hunt until a least the 8th of Nov from the way y'all are telling it I'm going to miss the peak of the Rut.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerguru View Post
    This thread is bring me down! I won't be able to hunt until a least the 8th of Nov from the way y'all are telling it I'm going to miss the peak of the Rut.

They should still be going at it pretty good then....who really knows the best dates. The best times this year may be around the 8th. If I had to choose the best 7 days I would pick Nov 3rd-10th. The next guy might go with the 8th-15th. Just go get a big one !!!

Mark is right about the moon triggering everything along with the length of the days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast