Armadillos?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armadillos?

Armadillos?

Hey whats the law on shooting armodillos here in Ark? I've got one tempting me every day. I can't find anything in the reg book and that is not usually a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by HeberHunter View Post
    Hey whats the law on shooting armodillos here in Ark? I've got one tempting me every day.
    I was wondering the same thing. I didn't find them specifically listed in the book. I know they are worth 1pt in the contest and I've had a couple different chances at 10 yds.

I've shot a couple of with arrows and they will run off with or break your arrow.

Kill them suckers. I have been told that they are rough on turkey nests. From now on I am shooting everyone I c with whatever weapon I have handy.

They do not have a season and are not allowed to be hunted, But neither do hogs and the Game and Fish is begging for them to be killed.

I personally feel threatened by armadillos. Self defense is neccessary.

Why wouldn't they be considered a nuisance animal. They tear up my yard. I drew back at one Monday on my stand but he was directly behind me and I couldn't get lined up on him.

And we get one point for every one we take out in the contest.

Talking Armoredildos

I heard they can have TB. (tubercluosis? spelling sucks)

Becareful handling Armodillos, they're known to carry the Leprosy virus in their blood.

take a couple old arrows in your quiver with some old broadheads and be a dilla killa

well they are included in the bow hunting contest...so maybe the person who put them in it could shed some light on the subject. I mean there are AGFC officers that frequent this site...Maybe TurkeySpur could shed some light on the subject.

I used to shoot armadillos until I read that they eat fire ants. I now have several armadillos and no fire ants. I am not sure which is more destructive to turkey and quail eggs and chicks.

I'll shoot everyone I see! Good target practice!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLn View Post
    take a couple old arrows in your quiver with some old broadheads and be a dilla killa

Here is our answer:

http://www.agfc.com/species/Pages/Sp...eWildlife.aspx

Beaver, coyote, muskrat, nutria, striped skunk and nongame wildlife other than migratory birds and endangered species that are causing damage to property may be taken during daylight hours or trapped the entire year. Rodenticides may be used to control mice and rats, but poisons or chemicals may not be used to kill any other animal. English sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and crows committing damage to agriculture crops and personal property may be taken without a permit.

A Depredation Permit is required to trap nuisance game animals other than beaver, muskrat, nutria, coyote and striped skunk outside of the trapping season. A Depredation Permit is required to shoot any nuisance wildlife at night. Landowners or their designees with Depredation Permits may use any trapping method legal for use in the fur-trapping season. Conibear or comparable body-gripping traps with jaw spreads of up to 10 inches may be used inside buildings. Cage-style live traps may be used. Traps set in the outdoors must be marked in accordance with Code 10.07. Firearms may be used at day or night if specifically approved by the Commission employee issuing the Depredation Permit. Depredation Permits may be obtained from Commission Wildlife Officers or Wildlife Biologists. Please contact your nearest Regional office for more information.

Live traps: Nuisance animals may also be removed by landowners (or their designees) at any time without a Depredation Permit with the use of live traps. Trapping in towns must be in compliance with municipal ordinances. Live-trapped wildlife must be released unharmed outside the municipality’s boundaries within 24 hours. Live traps must have the trapper’s name and address or his vehicle operator ’s license number or the current vehicle license number registered to the trap user.

I say take a couple old arrows and shoot the Out of em

They carry leprosy, salmonella and a variety of other nasty diseases. Kill'em all....

This is just another unnecessary gift from mexico that we didn't ask for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck-Ridge View Post
    I've shot a couple of with arrows and they will run off with or break your arrow.
    You think you could get a pass-through but that hide will keep an arrow better than a broadhead target. Yep, you'll loose that arrow for sure.

a .17 HMR soft point on the other hand is wicked on an armadillo!

Quote Originally Posted by bayman1975 View Post
    Becareful handling Armodillos, they're known to carry the Leprosy virus in their blood.
    Indeed they do!

headhunter_60 is offline Super Member
    2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Just shoot it, most people around here won't mind. We heard someone shooting in my neighborhood and then we found out that they were shooting armadillos so we were ok with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast