Rice bran feeders??

Rice bran feeders??

I was jus wonderin if anyone had any home made rice bran feeders out there and if so can you let me in on how you made it...thanks a bunch guys.

Cattle feeders. Keep it dry. They will eat if it gets wet but best served dry..

Im making one now out of the lid of my old smoker. Just gotta get the roof on it.

55 Gal barrel with a 4' Y in the bottom.

Made this out of some scrap wood and old piece of tin I had laying around the house. I just put it out this weekend and it is the first time this year I have put rice bran out and the first time in a couple years that I put it out. I got my camera over it and the corn feeder right next to it because I wanted to see which one they liked the best. It took 6 2x4's, plywood - I think the tub is 24"x32"x6" just some old scrap pieces I had laying around, and 8'x3' piece of tin cut in half. The bottom of the pan is I think 24" off the ground or maybe that was to the top rim. I can't remember, I had a few beers while building it, but anyway here it is. The buffet line is open for the deer!!! Oh, and it is 6' tall to the tin.

Last edited by Hud_AthensArcher; 09-20-2010 at 07:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hud_AthensArcher View Post
    Made this out of some scrap wood and old piece of tin I had laying around the house. I just put it out this weekend and it is the first time this year I have put rice bran out and the first time in a couple years that I put it out. I got my camera over it and the corn feeder right next to it because I wanted to see which one they liked the best. It took 6 2x4's, plywood - I think the tub is 24"x32"x6" just some old scrap pieces I had laying around, and 8'x3' piece of tin cut in half. The bottom of the pan is I think 24" off the ground or maybe that was to the top rim. I can't remember, I had a few beers while building it, but anyway here it is. The buffet line is open for the deer!!! Oh, and it is 6' tall to the tin.

That should do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
    55 Gal barrel with a 4' Y in the bottom.
    How do you keep the 55 gallon barrel from falling through a four foot wye?