home made boat motor stand

home made boat motor stand

got bored last night and built this motor stand on casters so i can work on the 6hp johnson i am picking up saturday

That's alright. I built one similar to that but wider. I could put my outboard and 2 trolling motors on it for the of season and from getting stolen. Did'nt think about casters, though.

Its probablly strong enough but if you turned a 1 by 4 on its side and ran it from the board that angles down at the bottom where it joins with the board right above the castor, horizontal to the boards that go straight down it would ad alot of strenth.

John Stiles is offline Ultimate Member
    2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
    I want one.

I built one very similar to your design. But it is MUCH larger. I have had everything from a 3.5 Evinrude all the way up to a 250 Yamaha on mine. The casters are great for moving around. Plus you can work on one in the shop and roll it outside for a test run.

That little shelf is PERFECT for a small gas can and a battery. Comes in handy when you bring a mystery motor home for some trouble shooting. Mount a universal control on the side and you have a great test stand and motor storage.

I am thinking about swapping my casters for some of the BIG inflatable off road casters. For even more manueverability.

looks good to me nice job. only thing i would modify would be is to put 2 nut bolts on each side top board instead of the nails or screws

I saw this post last week and decided i'd give it a try, i'm by no means a carpenter but it works. Took about 2 hours and $25 worth of material and scraps i had around the house.

f-909. Should have got that pat.