Dagmar WMA - Any advice?

Dagmar WMA - Any advice?

I duck hunted Dagmar in the late 1980's but I have never bowhunted it. Any of you folks have any advice or tips. I would certainly appreciate any info that you could provide. Below are some things I think would be helpful to me:

1. How much late season bowhunting pressure does it get?
    2. How much water to expect and how hard will it be to get thru the woods walking.
    3. Where is or is there a "main" or a predominate duch hunting area? If so generally where is it on the WMA (i.e. North of the freeway, on the east side of the the WMA, etc.)

Generally I don't ask for help on hunting areas espically on public land but I'm in a time crunch. I'm going to have about a half a day to scout and three days to hunt. I have accquired aerial photos and topos and have studied them but in additional help would be appreciated.

meatgravy is offline Super Member
    2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
    1. How much late season bowhunting pressure does it get? The late season pressure is light, compared to the Watt.

2. How much water to expect and how hard will it be to get thru the woods walking. Expect large amounts of water and very little huntable land at this time. Unwadable sloughs run all through this WMA and they are hard to see when the water is ankle to knee deep.

3. Where is or is there a "main" or a predominate duck hunting area? If so generally where is it on the WMA (i.e. North of the freeway, on the east side of the the WMA, etc.) They duck hunt all over, but concentrate East. The adjacent private lands will be busy duck hunting as well.

Hunt the evenings to avoid most of the duck hunting booms and you must have waders, a good walking stick/depth finder and a gps.

Good luck.

Meatgravy;
    Thanks for the info. I figured the water would potentially be the biggest issue to deal with. I think I may take my canoe and cross some of the sloughs, at least the one that runs along the road and try to find some promising places there.

If this blind hog finds an accorn I'll let you know.