Fritos..... food or survival tool?

Fritos..... food or survival tool?

Yes, Fritos can save your life. You can eat them of course but did you know that you can use them for starting a fire? Keep a small bag of them in your pack with some waterproof matches and they burn better than paper or grass to start a fire! If it is wet this may save your life. Try it they burn like a candle!

Just a tip that is simple to include into your pack.

mre

MREs are great to have in your hunting pack that way if you get lost you got food matches and ass wipe, dry paper to start a fire a pouch to carry water in and what ever else you can thik of .

I gotta try the fritos/fire starter trick!

Back during the ice storm, there were certain federal agencies handing out MRE's to folks without power... Man I wish I'd have known that, I would have stocked up!

Doritos work really well to, even in the wind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJH4w...eature=related

Well I'll be darned!

cropdustersteve is offline Select Member
    2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
    Have actually heard of vehicles burning up because open bags of chips on dashes of parked vehicles...... Don't know if it's true or not though.

I peddled them for 18 years (frito-lay products) and from experience I can tell you most anything they produce will burn well. Corn products are the best, but PC's work too. The smell is kinda rank, but if you were cold I guess that wouldn't be an issue. IMO fire starting is probably the only legitimate use for fritos unless you drown them in chili to kill the taste.

you can use them for starting a fire? Keep a small bag of them in your pack with some waterproof matches and they burn better than paper or grass to start a fire! If it is wet this may save your life. Try it they burn like a candle!

oil on um