Airedale Breeders?

Airedale Breeders?

I am thinking of getting an Airedale Terrier and I am looking for a breeder that has hunting dogs, not the show dogs.

Also any comments about the breed would be appreciated.

What are you wanting to hunt with airedales? I'm asking because there are two "styles" of airedale. There is the standard airedale developed in england and there is an Americanized style called the Oorang Airedale. The Oorang is larger and more powerful and was breed for hunting and working. I don't think the Oorang is considered a show dog breed so you may be able to find a hunting/working breeder easier than one that breeds standard airedales. My wife and I have a half airedale half pyrennes, he is just a yard dog but I could see someone wanting to have one to hunt with he is smart and not scared of anything, but hard headed as they come. I found this site: http://www.animalsnet.com/go2/dogs/b...er/index0.html

Good luck with the search.

http://www.rightersairedales.com/

We are going to look at this breeder next week while on vacation in Gatlinburg.

I used to raise Airdales. They were always easy to sell. +2 on the Oorangs. There used to be a breeder around Mena that had the large type Airedales. They are tough as nails and a plus is they can kill armadillos with their jaws.

Did you see this on their website? "Ouachita kennels in Mena, Arkansas"

That is the kennel where they got their start.

The Oorang is larger and more powerful and was breed for hunting and working. I don't think the Oorang is considered a show dog breed so you may be able to find a hunting/working breeder easier than one that breeds standard airedales. My wife and I have a half airedale half pyrennes, he is just a yard dog but I could see someone wanting to have one to hunt with he is smart and not scared of anything, but hard headed as they come

I had an Oorang airedale years ago from a breeder that lives on Flathead lake in Montana. It was one of the smartest most adaptable dogs I ever dealt with, but it was a one person dog...it would only listen to me..but that said it was wonderful with my kids, would hunt and retreive grouse, it would tree cats, and I think you could train it to do anything...

Eventually, I sold her because my wife could not get around well enough to physically control the dog..the guy that bought turned her into a blood tracking dog and she tracked up several elk that he shot using archery tackle...

Oorang bloodline would be my choice...

Z

I have a giant airedale that i will I'll give someone. Housebroke. Bought him for to guard the house. He is WORTHLESS as a guard dog. He's 10 months old. weighs about 70 pounds.