Survival round 2, UNC! - Page 3


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Olive Branch,Ms.
    Posts
    8,355
    Liked 110 Times on 89 Posts
    Likes Given: 14

    Once a hog fan, always a hog fan. WPS! ( from over here in Mississippi )


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    6,782
    Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
    Likes Given: 71

    Personally, I'd consider it a good season but not a great one. They had some really stupid losses to some poor teams. For me, that keeps it from being a great season. Take away those stupid losses and add a win over North Carolina and I'd think it was a great season.


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    6,029
    Liked 94 Times on 81 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
    Personally, I'd consider it a good season but not a great one. They had some really stupid losses to some poor teams. For me, that keeps it from being a great season. Take away those stupid losses and add a win over North Carolina and I'd think it was a great season.
    we had one very bad loss, Missouri. virtually every team is going to lose games they were not expected to lose

  4. Thanks No-till Boss thanked for this post
  5. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    6,782
    Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
    Likes Given: 71

    The Mississippi St. loss was a bad one against a freshman laden team. They played really bad against Vandy and Florida. They got spanked with the 3 ball. Like I said a good season but not a great one.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    6,029
    Liked 94 Times on 81 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Threat View Post
    The Mississippi St. loss was a bad one against a freshman laden team. They played really bad against Vandy and Florida. They got spanked with the 3 ball. Like I said a good season but not a great one.
    in my opinion, compared to the past 20 seasons it was a great season and exceeded my expectations. hopefully they build on it and move forward

  7. Thanks No-till Boss thanked for this post
  8. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    6,782
    Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
    Likes Given: 71

    Quote Originally Posted by brushcreek View Post
    in my opinion, compared to the past 20 seasons it was a great season and exceeded my expectations. hopefully they build on it and move forward
    yes! It was a big improvement! And yes hopefully we off of low center!

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Marche, Ar.
    Posts
    5,188
    Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

    Gonna miss them 3 seniors I thought Watkins was most improved through out the season, became a leader on and off the court.

  10. Likes brushcreek liked this post
  11. #48
    slug slinger is online now Super Member
    2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro
    Posts
    1,167
    Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fairweatherhunter View Post
    Gonna miss them 3 seniors I thought Watkins was most improved through out the season, became a leader on and off the court.
    X2. Definitely the glue guy. Not the most talented but can definitely can see a coaching future for him if he so desires.

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Cabot
    Posts
    30,036
    Liked 147 Times on 118 Posts
    Likes Given: 259

    I agree about a few of the losses but that's basketball. There's almost always one or two you win and one or two you lose that could or should have gone the other way.

    Maybe one of those losses is the reason this team finally clicked toward the end of the season.

    They lost to Kentucky in the championship game of the SEC and won a game in the NCAA Tournament and were in position to win against North Carolina and go to the Sweet 16 along the way to posting a 26-10 record.

    Maybe not great but I consider it pretty darn good, especially from where most thought this team was a month or two ago.


  13. Likes brushcreek, Triple Threat liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •