Survival round 2, UNC! - Page 2


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Conway
    Posts
    3,291
    Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
    Likes Given: 73

    Beard is an idiot.


  2. #22
    slug slinger is online now Super Member
    2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro
    Posts
    1,167
    Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

    Hannahs turned the ball over every time he touched it in the second half


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    6,030
    Liked 94 Times on 81 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    God awful officiating

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    White River Bottoms
    Posts
    4,817
    Liked 75 Times on 54 Posts

    Well let's just hammer the heck out of the team who most didn't give a chance to even make the NIT!!!!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    White River Bottoms
    Posts
    4,817
    Liked 75 Times on 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by brushcreek View Post
    God awful officiating
    Yep, for sure in the last 3 minutes. That one play starting at the tip ball wrong call had 4 deals all that went against Arkansas.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NWA
    Posts
    1,647
    Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
    Likes Given: 6

    Quote Originally Posted by paxcolt View Post
    Beard is an idiot.
    Really

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ne ark
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
    Likes Given: 6

    Easily best game we played this year. That from 5 minutes left in first half to the end it was true hog ball. Hogs owned the second half and laid it all out on the court. I sure thought they had the sweet 16 wrapped up. Credit North Carolina for holding us scoreless the last 3:30 but this two calls changed the outcome of the game!!! Clearly the ball was tipped and we would have had 2 seconds left to get shot off. And berry flat ran over Bailey while taking 4-5 steps. Carolina may still have pulled it out but hate seeing such a great game end with calls like that. This tourney has had several already though.

    Our guys definitely showed we were worthy of being on the big stage and I'm proud of them! WPS

  8. Likes brushcreek, F B liked this post
  9. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pope
    Posts
    1,687
    Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

    Beard and Bailey being in the game at the end makes you wonder but these hogs don't quit. Wps

  10. #29
    slug slinger is online now Super Member
    2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jonesboro
    Posts
    1,167
    Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

    Im proud of them. They played better than most anyone thought that they could. They played toe to toe with one of the best teams in the country. I think that the difference in the game was exactly what we expect to do to other teams and that is to wear them out. It seemed to me like Anderson's bench got shorter in the second half. It was mostly just Macon, Harford, Kingsley, Beard, and Watkins with the occasional sub when one of those 5 went down with cramps. When is the last time that you've seen an arkansas team have 3 players cramping up in the second half of a game? I just think that we were done physically at the end and couldn't execute offensively.

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Conway
    Posts
    3,291
    Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
    Likes Given: 73

    Quote Originally Posted by 4hunting View Post
    Well let's just hammer the heck out of the team who most didn't give a chance to even make the NIT!!!!
    Beard taking that shot was selfish and incredibly stupid, period. Where do you see anyone "hammering the heck" out of the team as a whole? The refs are getting the much-deserved hammering.

    I'm wondering just how deep of a run this team could've made if they hadn't lost those 2 conference games they should've won and had entered the tourney as a 6-7 seed instead.

  12. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Poinsett
    Posts
    8,966
    Liked 149 Times on 141 Posts

    Arkansas won 26 games, could have very easily been 28-29. I'd call that a great year.

    Today, they had ever right to quit, they looked horrible, down 17, and they fought back, and actually got ahead of a #1 seed with a chance to win.....beating a 1 seed in this round, that has only happened 3 times ever,

    The air ball call wasn't really that bad, even if we got it back, it was under 2 seconds on the shot clock.

    The no call was bad, if they didn't wanna call a foul, or a charge, it was a travel...... but still not the reason we lost.

    Won 26 games, play in the SEC, got to finals of the conference tournament, lost to the team that might win is all, won a first round game, played a #1 seed as hard as you can play and not win.

    I think it was a great year, and it says a lot about Anderson whether you're a fan of him or not.

  13. Likes Polywog, brushcreek, pprob, reflex1, buckhorn liked this post
  14. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Little rock
    Posts
    5,373
    Liked 51 Times on 49 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by No-till Boss View Post
    Arkansas won 26 games, could have very easily been 28-29. I'd call that a great year.

    Today, they had ever right to quit, they looked horrible, down 17, and they fought back, and actually got ahead of a #1 seed with a chance to win.....beating a 1 seed in this round, that has only happened 3 times ever,

    The air ball call wasn't really that bad, even if we got it back, it was under 2 seconds on the shot clock.

    The no call was bad, if they didn't wanna call a foul, or a charge, it was a travel...... but still not the reason we lost.

    Won 26 games, play in the SEC, got to finals of the conference tournament, lost to the team that might win is all, won a first round game, played a #1 seed as hard as you can play and not win.

    I think it was a great year, and it says a lot about Anderson whether you're a fan of him or not.
    Well said

    I couldn't agree more

  15. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    6,030
    Liked 94 Times on 81 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by paxcolt View Post
    Beard is an idiot.
    Did you watch the game? He made several big shots scored 10 points. We would have had no chance without him tonight.

  16. Likes 4hunting, reflex1 liked this post
  17. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ne ark
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
    Likes Given: 6

    The future is bright for hog basketball. Anderson has it headed it in the right direction. Proud of their heart! So close to a special season that none other had done in over 20 years at arkansas. WPS

  18. Likes brushcreek, F B liked this post
  19. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yell county
    Posts
    5,439
    Liked 45 Times on 38 Posts
    Likes Given: 2

    They exceeded my expectations. A lot of young talent watched that game. Most of that young talent wants to play that way. Their effort helped the future of Arkansas basketball.

  20. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East End
    Posts
    2,076
    Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
    Likes Given: 2

    Quote Originally Posted by y hunt View Post
    They exceeded my expectations. A lot of young talent watched that game. Most of that young talent wants to play that way. Their effort helped the future of Arkansas basketball.
    Agreed. They exceeded my expectations this year and really played well at the end of the year.

  21. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Conway
    Posts
    3,291
    Liked 45 Times on 40 Posts
    Likes Given: 73

    Quote Originally Posted by brushcreek View Post
    Did you watch the game? He made several big shots scored 10 points. We would have had no chance without him tonight.
    Nah, I just post about stuff without actually watching it, because that's how the Internet works.

    Yes, Beard had played a good game to that point. But he also has a history of immaturity and bad decisions, both on and off the court. And that showed up again last night. He had no business taking that shot when he did. In fact, he should have been the third option at best. Hannahs and Macon were the first 2, with Barford #3 (Can't remember off the top of my head if he was on the court then or not). The rest of the team was getting set up to try and get their shooters an open look, not box out & rebound yet.

    I'm not blaming Beard alone for losing the game. There were plenty of other opportunities. Barford dribbling away an entire possession while the other 4 guys mostly just stood around watching him hurt us a lot too. Toss in some horrible officiating (the analysts on ESPN have been harping on that this morning) and the fact that they were playing an experienced, Roy Williams coached team, and it's impressive that they were that close to winning.

  22. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    6,030
    Liked 94 Times on 81 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by paxcolt View Post
    Nah, I just post about stuff without actually watching it, because that's how the Internet works.

    Yes, Beard had played a good game to that point. But he also has a history of immaturity and bad decisions, both on and off the court. And that showed up again last night. He had no business taking that shot when he did. In fact, he should have been the third option at best. Hannahs and Macon were the first 2, with Barford #3 (Can't remember off the top of my head if he was on the court then or not). The rest of the team was getting set up to try and get their shooters an open look, not box out & rebound yet.

    I'm not blaming Beard alone for losing the game. There were plenty of other opportunities. Barford dribbling away an entire possession while the other 4 guys mostly just stood around watching him hurt us a lot too. Toss in some horrible officiating (the analysts on ESPN have been harping on that this morning) and the fact that they were playing an experienced, Roy Williams coached team, and it's impressive that they were that close to winning.
    Beard had a great game I'm not going to blast a guy for missing a shot unless it's something crazy like dustin thomas shooting a three. I thought beard was outstanding yesterday.

  23. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    White River Bottoms
    Posts
    4,817
    Liked 75 Times on 54 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by paxcolt View Post
    Nah, I just post about stuff without actually watching it, because that's how the Internet works.

    Yes, Beard had played a good game to that point. But he also has a history of immaturity and bad decisions, both on and off the court. And that showed up again last night. He had no business taking that shot when he did. In fact, he should have been the third option at best. Hannahs and Macon were the first 2, with Barford #3 (Can't remember off the top of my head if he was on the court then or not). The rest of the team was getting set up to try and get their shooters an open look, not box out & rebound yet.

    I'm not blaming Beard alone for losing the game. There were plenty of other opportunities. Barford dribbling away an entire possession while the other 4 guys mostly just stood around watching him hurt us a lot too. Toss in some horrible officiating (the analysts on ESPN have been harping on that this morning) and the fact that they were playing an experienced, Roy Williams coached team, and it's impressive that they were that close to winning.
    I remember the exact same shot took by another Razorback many years ago in the National Championship game, time running out, heck if played side by side it would look like clones. Strange, that one went in, we won, Scotty Thurman became an instant hero to the Razorback nation. Heck, to hear some talk, it was him, and him alone that beat Duke that night and he was super player deluxe. To be honest, in that game, Thurman was not a major impact until then. Beard took the exact same shot but was just an inch off, bounced off the rim, didn't go in, we lost. Now, he is a zero, cost us the game, ect, ect. I suspect if it had been just an inch shorter, the sound of the swoosh thru the net happen, we won, what would he be today?

  24. Likes brushcreek liked this post
  25. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ne ark
    Posts
    1,097
    Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts
    Likes Given: 6

    They were all over our main scoring threats. No one expected beard to shoot it and he had a good look I thought. It looked good out of his hands on the release, was just a tale too long. Had it went in we'd all be cheering him on about the clutch shot. Without beard and Bailey stepping up yesterday hogs wouldn't have been in it.


  26. Likes brushcreek liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •