ATV/UTV places to ride?


Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ArkArcher is offline Moderator
    Bowhunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexander
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    ATV/UTV places to ride?

    Just got a new sxs (well almost, picking it up wednesday) and looking for places to take the family for saturday rides. Nothing too crazy. Wife and 2 and 4 yo daughters love riding so just good family rides with good scenery. Thanks all!


  2. #2
    Have you been to Carter's offroad park in Alexander?


  3. #3
    ArkArcher is offline Moderator
    Bowhunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexander
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by ducksNbucks85 View Post
    Have you been to Carter's offroad park in Alexander?
    No, but I live 2 minutes from it. :) Is it more mud, or just riding? I hate mud. Messes stuff up. Ha

  4. #4
    I've never been but my buddies tell me it's a lot of trails if you want to ride. There are mud trails and mud holes but mostly trail riding. Ill be there for their annual Mud Dayz the second week of May. We have a group of 10 or so going

  5. #5
    ArkArcher is offline Moderator
    Bowhunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexander
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by ducksNbucks85 View Post
    I've never been but my buddies tell me it's a lot of trails if you want to ride. There are mud trails and mud holes but mostly trail riding. Ill be there for their annual Mud Dayz the second week of May. We have a group of 10 or so going
    Yeah we aren't a big fan of the mud dayz around here. I live in the neighborhood next to Carters and it brings in a TON of extra traffic with big trailers and stuff. I'm not quite close enough to hear anything from the actual park, but I'm not a fan of the traffic. but oh well. Its only a weekend and I can live with it. Speaking of that, watch out when you are coming in! There were a bunch of cops sitting and watching all the roads leading up to it last year. Just a heads up.

  6. #6
    Go up in the national forest at Winona. There's a lot of nice scenery and you can ride a long way.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saline County
    Posts
    147
    Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
    Likes Given: 1

    We've been to Carters several times. There's plenty of mud, but alot of trails also. Most of the mud, you can get around w/out getting into the deep mud. Some of the trails will test your ability - they are really step. There's also a place this side of Hot Springs that's trails. For Hot Springs, you are required to have seat belts for each rider.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkArcher View Post
    Yeah we aren't a big fan of the mud dayz around here. I live in the neighborhood next to Carters and it brings in a TON of extra traffic with big trailers and stuff. I'm not quite close enough to hear anything from the actual park, but I'm not a fan of the traffic. but oh well. Its only a weekend and I can live with it. Speaking of that, watch out when you are coming in! There were a bunch of cops sitting and watching all the roads leading up to it last year. Just a heads up.
    I appreciate the heads up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    418
    Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

    Carters a new place that just had there 1st annual ride pine canyon park in Cabot off 107 not sure if it will be open every weekend or not ott off road park at the Scott exit NLR haven't been there so not sure if it's a good place for sxs or not but it's free

  10. #10
    ArkArcher is offline Moderator
    Bowhunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexander
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    We are going over the Ouachitas on Saturday to ride the forest service roads. Going around Albert Pike area. Weather looks perfect! highs about 70 and like 90% chance of rain on Friday so shouldn't have any dust.

    Now just need to get my windshield, roof, and back panel put on. Windshield and back panel should be delivered today.

  11. Likes brushcreek liked this post
  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    1,878
    Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts
    Likes Given: 104

    Quote Originally Posted by lukas99 View Post
    Go up in the national forest at Winona. There's a lot of nice scenery and you can ride a long way.
    Uh...better be very careful. And study the MUV maps. They made changes a few years ago that prohibit ATV riding out where we are now for MUCH of the area.

  13. #12
    ArkArcher is offline Moderator
    Bowhunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alexander
    Posts
    8,842
    Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkGirl View Post
    Uh...better be very careful. And study the MUV maps. They made changes a few years ago that prohibit ATV riding out where we are now for MUCH of the area.
    Yeah I remembered they made some changes not too long ago. I looked at the maps this morning. All the forest service roads are open over where we are going. But good thought on checking!

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    1,878
    Liked 66 Times on 44 Posts
    Likes Given: 104

    Quote Originally Posted by ArkArcher View Post
    Yeah I remembered they made some changes not too long ago. I looked at the maps this morning. All the forest service roads are open over where we are going. But good thought on checking!
    Yeah it used to be that you could ride out where we live...but not anymore. It wasn't a really popular spot anyway...but it did help to keep the old logging roads open for us to ride on the horses. Now...with almost no one riding ATV's...and just a few of us with horses/mules...it's getting tough to keep a path worn.

    We do occasionally see a few come by our place headed out down Link mountain road...I always wonder if they have any idea the ticket they are risking.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •