Poison ivy - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poison ivy

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
    Likes Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by hogfan1 View Post
    I have told this story before but my father-in-law ate some leaves when he was a kid!! Some old Native American man told him to do it so he would be allergic anymore! He says it about killed him but he has been immune ever since! Kinda makes me think you and him did about the same thing!
    was told the same thing as a kid and ate some ,,, got sick and thought i was dead ,, glad i did because ever since it doesnt affect me one bit

but i wouldnt advise it figured i got real lucky

Quote Originally Posted by agman View Post
    was told the same thing as a kid and ate some ,,, got sick and thought i was dead ,, glad i did because ever since it doesnt affect me one bit

but i wouldnt advise it figured i got real lucky
    I'm tempted to try it.

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
    Likes Given: 35

Once you have developed the sores, washing with Tecnu is too late. I like to scratch the heck out of it...really like wagging your tail because it feels soooooo stinking good type scratch. Now hop in the shower and clean up. Once you get out spray the affected area with lysol...it hurts for 10 seconds but you're done. It'll scab up and heal.

Ive been a biologist for eight years, I don't go on multi day field trips with out a can of lysol.

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Nice i haven't heard that one yet!

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
    Likes Given: 4

I've heard of alcohol, bleach and technu, but never Lysol.

None of it work fast enough for me.

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

My experience best just go on in and get a shot and some steroids ! Hate that stuff wouldn't wish on worst enemy

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earl blevins View Post
    Goat milk soap
    Any soap made with lye. I've had to get shots a couple times in my life for it. I don't get it much now even wheen handling for extended periods. If I get a bump I take benadryl for 3 days and it dries up within 5 days. Will still itch but wont continue to spread.

Liked 123 Times on 102 Posts
    Likes Given: 369

I am finishing up a round of Steroids right now. I got it on my palms and they have almost finished peeling off. Monday before last, my fingers were the size of summer sausages! Thank the good sweet Lord for Prednisone!

I am someone that gets it like wild fire. It is almost as if I can look at it and get it. I have had it many times were my eyes were swollen shut and blisters the size of quarters covering my entire body. When I get it I almost always have to get the shot and steroids. It has gotten so that when I go into the doctor I tell them what I need and they take care of it right away. I have found that if I jump in a cool shower right when I get home and wash with Burts Bees poison ivy soap I don't break out with it. I also take my clothes off and throw them in the wash right when I get in. If I do get it I continue to wash with the Burts Bees poison ivy soap and it helps dry it up.

Bowcrazy is offline Grand Member
    2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
    2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
    Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
    Likes Given: 3

Found this out by accident. I got calcium carbonate on my hands next day they were so dried out the lotion didn't help much. Next time I got PI I just stuck my hands in it. It worked. It's nothing but mud. So now if I'm in woods and get in it I smear mud on hands and arms till I get home. It's not a cure it just helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12