Should NON Resident hunting license be more restricted or cost more? - Page 2


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 75
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NWA
    Posts
    2,691
    Likes
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Quack addict View Post
    Here's a little data to prove my point:

    Non Resident Big Game and Migratory Bird Liscense Cost

    Alabama - $293.60
    Louisianna - $ 300.00 including alligator
    South Carolina - $245.50
    Tennesse - $251.00 + $ 2.00 Migratory Bird permit
    Texas - $315.00
    Missouri -$ 295.00
    Georgia - $211.50

    So I ask, who is " sticking it to" who?
    I was talking more in the lines of Western states and how you have to draw and pay crazy prices for big game tags.

    Deer in CO $31 resident , $351 non resident. Moose $251 vs $1951. They limit the # of tags, so it's not like the cost is used to limit hunters. If you wanted to hunt any big game in CO it would be $3590. In AR a 5 day is $150, annual is $300. For EVERYTHING we you want to hunt!

    Last edited by alexanderg23; 11-14-2013 at 09:18 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    8,281
    Likes
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
    I was talking more in the lines of Western states and how you have to draw and pay crazy prices for big game tags.

    Deer in CO $31 resident , $351 non resident.
    In some western states the residents have to get drawn as well. Nit just NR.


  3. #23
    luckless's Avatar
    luckless is online now Member
    Forum Sponsor
    2011 Turkey Contest Winner
    2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Searcy/Beebe
    Posts
    4,785
    Likes
    45
    Let it be known that this season will be my second season as a "duck hunter". I have hunted public land twice and have never seen an OOSER. I also have no idea what it costs a NR to hunt in Arkansas. I was merely stirring the pot with my original comment.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NOT A OOSER, I B frm BISCOE AR
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Garrett View Post
    I think we should charge out of state hunters and fisherman what their home state charges us when we go there.
    That's a really good idea!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NOT A OOSER, I B frm BISCOE AR
    Posts
    463
    OOSERS, would you rather pay more or have a limit on the number of license sold?
    which would you choose?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    nw arkansas
    Posts
    13,954
    Likes
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Garrett View Post
    I think we should charge out of state hunters and fisherman what their home state charges us when we go there.
    X2

    OOSERS bring lots of money into the state. Not just in license fees, but also gas, motels, restaurants etc. Im a OOSER in other states so I figure I cant complain when they come here.

    Paying to hunt is part of life now days, might as well get use to it. Either that or hunt public and gripe. Its your choice.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE ARKANSAS
    Posts
    1,949
    Likes
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Quack addict View Post
    Here's a little data to prove my point:

    Non Resident Big Game and Migratory Bird Liscense Cost

    Alabama - $293.60
    Louisianna - $ 300.00 including alligator
    South Carolina - $245.50
    Tennesse - $251.00 + $ 2.00 Migratory Bird permit
    Texas - $315.00
    Missouri -$ 295.00
    Georgia - $211.50

    So I ask, who is " sticking it to" who?
    Which one of those state have world class duck hunting??

    We have something they don't. That's why it cost 2k to kill a moose in CO. They have what few places have. I'm not saying we need to charge 2k, I think ooser's should be drawn for 7-10day license spaced throughout the 60 day season. For public ground only. Private land...who cares.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Olive Branch,Ms.
    Posts
    4,519
    Likes
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by alexanderg23 View Post
    I was talking more in the lines of Western states and how you have to draw and pay crazy prices for big game tags.

    Deer in CO $31 resident , $351 non resident. Moose $251 vs $1951. They limit the # of tags, so it's not like the cost is used to limit hunters. If you wanted to hunt any big game in CO it would be $3590. In AR a 5 day is $150, annual is $300. For EVERYTHING we you want to hunt!
    There are no other states that compair in cost to Colorado or Wyoming to hunt.

    I do agree that a NR should pay more than a local hunter however, wouldn't you think 7X's what a local pay's should suffice?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Olive Branch,Ms.
    Posts
    4,519
    Likes
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by WILDMAN44 View Post
    Which one of those state have world class duck hunting??

    We have something they don't. That's why it cost 2k to kill a moose in CO. They have what few places have. I'm not saying we need to charge 2k, I think ooser's should be drawn for 7-10day license spaced throughout the 60 day season. For public ground only. Private land...who cares.
    I disagree, we use to have something "world class". Missouri, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana have plenty of duck resources. Folk's north of us have started to figure out how to hold water and expand the areas for ducks.
    Last edited by Quack addict; 11-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yell county
    Posts
    4,013
    Likes
    16
    If you want to all seasons and game in MO it is closer to $800.00. License for Bow, gun fall, spring turkey, and small game.
    Just because other states do it is no reason for Arkansas. Arkansas put it to out of state hunters this year for bear. No bear tag with day hunts must buy annual license to get the bear tag. I did not like this.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Olive Branch,Ms.
    Posts
    4,519
    Likes
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscoehunter View Post
    OOSERS, would you rather pay more or have a limit on the number of license sold?
    which would you choose?
    I have a question for you, why does Arkansas advertise their Duckhunting?

    And we DO pay more, 7x's more than you do.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Olive Branch,Ms.
    Posts
    4,519
    Likes
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by y hunt View Post
    If you want to all seasons and game in MO it is closer to $800.00. License for Bow, gun fall, spring turkey, and small game.
    Just because other states do it is no reason for Arkansas. Arkansas put it to out of state hunters this year for bear. No bear tag with day hunts must buy annual license to get the bear tag. I did not like this.
    Y- you are correct. I just don't think folk's understand that just because the License Fee say's one amount, that that's all that is spent.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Zone 12, 16, or the Scatters
    Posts
    9,349
    Likes
    44
    It should hurt an OOSers pocketbook to set foot on an Arkansas WMA.


    Rich folk in STUTTGART laugh all the way to the bank pimping out BM them go hunt their grandpas flooded timber.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    6,053
    Likes
    40
    Are we talking about duck hunting or hunting in general cause I swear some of you duck hunters think y'all own the duck woods

    I'd say if QuackAddict says he pays $325 then for an Arkansas license to hunt everything then that seems pretty fair. Lots of these small towns recieve a lot of revenue from "OOSERS" coming to hunt here and I guess if they can pay $325 to hunt then they are probably gonna spend some money in town too. I've often thought though, that "OOSERS" that live within a certain distance of the state line should have a pro rated license fee, just because they live close to the line.

    Would a lower NR License fee prompt "OOSERS" to spend more money in town? Probably not.

  15. #35
    THExONE's Avatar
    THExONE is offline Moderator
    Deer Hunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fayetteville
    Posts
    5,509
    Likes
    14
    I love lamp!

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Fort Smith
    Posts
    1,948
    Likes
    24
    I live in a border town. In less than 5 minutes my truck can be in Oklahoma. So its like you would expect. We see as many Oklahoma license plates as Arkansas ones. And half the guys I work with, and talk hunting are from there. As someone who lives on the border? I would love to see some type of reciprocity agreement between Arkansas and Oklahoma over license fee's and hunting access. Because I would love to hunt some over there and those guys feel the same.

    Just my $.02



    Miketyson26

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE ARKANSAS
    Posts
    1,949
    Likes
    16
    I'm on my phone. I assumed Biscuit posted this in the Waterfiwl Forum. My mistake.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    935
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch80 View Post
    I could not agree more....

    Biscoe... Change the channel... Be a better hunter... Or move to the Palmetto state, buy a Gamecock Jersey a Spurrier Visor and learn how those boys have managed to get under your skin...

    That's my input in case your wondering...
    L

    Come on Biscuit we'll welcome you like a case of crabs

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    935
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscoehunter View Post
    OOSERS, would you rather pay more or have a limit on the number of license sold?
    which would you choose?
    Biscuit, we've had this conversation for two yrs now. Most people (OOS) that come to hunt ducks save vacations and funds to do it. It wouldn't matter to me if Ar. charged the same as SC to duck hunt I'd pay it and assume others would too! You've gotten nowhere on the waterfowl forum so I assume you're trying it over hear. It won't take long for you to be contradicting and discrediting yourself hear as well! The reason most folks travel is b/c they don't have the resource available at home.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,828
    Likes
    3
    From the US Fish & Wildlife Census, it looks like it was $62,000,000 revenue from OOS just for hunting.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •