Concrete Ramp


Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Concrete Ramp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7

    Concrete Ramp

    Ok last week I had my Dirkson building delivered and really only had two places to put it in my yard either in a utility easment against my fence under some powerlines where its flat or up closer to the house where there is a slope. I chose the slope because of the easement. One side of my door opening is 19 inches from the ground and the other is about 17, I believe. Anyway I started building a concrete ramp for it last weekend, which is about 6 feet long by 6 feet wide. Today I went to put my riding mower into the shed and it wouldnt go, the mower deck is hitting on the bottom of the shed. So I either can have the shed moved to where its flat and build an easy ramp or I have to add onto this ramp. Problem is I can't figure out the degree of slope I need to make it into the shed. If I use the formulas I found on the internet which is a 12-1, then my ramp would be about 15 feet long or so. I've already put 32 bags of concrete into this little project so the idea of pouring a bunch more or hiring a contractor to do seems unpleasant, not to mention I'd have a huge chunk of concrete stuck out in the middle of my yard.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Benton, AR
    Posts
    2,756
    Likes
    1

    Re: Concrete Ramp

    An upward arch in your ramp is what you need. Look at some arched loading ramps to get the idea of shape and rise. It will make the rear wheels rise faster so that the mower deck will go on in. Maybe you could just use some arched ramps!

    BM1


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bmccullough1 View Post
    An upward arch in your ramp is what you need. Look at some arched loading ramps to get the idea of shape and rise. It will make the rear wheels rise faster so that the mower deck will go on in. Maybe you could just use some arched ramps!

    BM1
    I have thought of that

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    I ended up building a temporary wooden ramp, because after I did some figuring it's gonna take another 1.5 yards of concrete to make the ramp right plus I'm gonna have a pad poured on the side of the house so I'll just let the pros do it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE ARKANSAS
    Posts
    1,709
    Likes
    2

    Concrete Ramp

    I'd go with a wooden ramp for summer use only. Cheap and can be moved at anytime.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    766
    People ask me all the time how many bags of concrete it will take to do their project and I tell them it is cheaper to hire me and use a ready mix co. than to buy quickcrete.lol

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Yell county
    Posts
    3,774
    Likes
    3
    How big is the building? You might could lower it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Perry Co.
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes
    16
    Have you tried raising your deck?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by screaming eagle View Post
    People ask me all the time how many bags of concrete it will take to do their project and I tell them it is cheaper to hire me and use a ready mix co. than to buy quickcrete.lol
    Do you do concrete work?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    766

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    Nice work! Do you do simple work like parking pads and ramps? if so would you PM me your number?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    766
    I work mostly by myself so I do like to get some simple work occasionally, I'll pm you my number.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    766
    clear your pms

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by screaming eagle View Post
    clear your pms
    I finally got on my computer so they are cleared up now

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Benton
    Posts
    2,286
    Likes
    1
    I'd just go with a lift kit on your mower

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    West Little Rock,Ar
    Posts
    5,631
    Likes
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    I'd just go with a lift kit on your mower
    HAHA man my neighbors already think the biggest redneck they have ever known lives here already, with my mud tires and dual pipes. I'm sure they are either praying for a moving or a divorce

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Benton
    Posts
    2,286
    Likes
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 point View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    I'd just go with a lift kit on your mower
    HAHA man my neighbors already think the biggest redneck they have ever known lives here already, with my mud tires and dual pipes. I'm sure they are either praying for a moving or a divorce
    Haha! It's either that or just don't mow.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •