Concrete Ramp

Thread: Concrete Ramp

Concrete Ramp

Ok last week I had my Dirkson building delivered and really only had two places to put it in my yard either in a utility easment against my fence under some powerlines where its flat or up closer to the house where there is a slope. I chose the slope because of the easement. One side of my door opening is 19 inches from the ground and the other is about 17, I believe. Anyway I started building a concrete ramp for it last weekend, which is about 6 feet long by 6 feet wide. Today I went to put my riding mower into the shed and it wouldnt go, the mower deck is hitting on the bottom of the shed. So I either can have the shed moved to where its flat and build an easy ramp or I have to add onto this ramp. Problem is I can't figure out the degree of slope I need to make it into the shed. If I use the formulas I found on the internet which is a 12-1, then my ramp would be about 15 feet long or so. I've already put 32 bags of concrete into this little project so the idea of pouring a bunch more or hiring a contractor to do seems unpleasant, not to mention I'd have a huge chunk of concrete stuck out in the middle of my yard.

Re: Concrete Ramp

An upward arch in your ramp is what you need. Look at some arched loading ramps to get the idea of shape and rise. It will make the rear wheels rise faster so that the mower deck will go on in. Maybe you could just use some arched ramps!

BM1

Quote Originally Posted by bmccullough1 View Post
    An upward arch in your ramp is what you need. Look at some arched loading ramps to get the idea of shape and rise. It will make the rear wheels rise faster so that the mower deck will go on in. Maybe you could just use some arched ramps!

BM1
    I have thought of that

I ended up building a temporary wooden ramp, because after I did some figuring it's gonna take another 1.5 yards of concrete to make the ramp right plus I'm gonna have a pad poured on the side of the house so I'll just let the pros do it.

Concrete Ramp

I'd go with a wooden ramp for summer use only. Cheap and can be moved at anytime.

People ask me all the time how many bags of concrete it will take to do their project and I tell them it is cheaper to hire me and use a ready mix co. than to buy quickcrete.lol

How big is the building? You might could lower it.

Have you tried raising your deck?

Quote Originally Posted by screaming eagle View Post
    People ask me all the time how many bags of concrete it will take to do their project and I tell them it is cheaper to hire me and use a ready mix co. than to buy quickcrete.lol
    Do you do concrete work?

Nice work! Do you do simple work like parking pads and ramps? if so would you PM me your number?

I work mostly by myself so I do like to get some simple work occasionally, I'll pm you my number.

clear your pms

Quote Originally Posted by screaming eagle View Post
    clear your pms
    I finally got on my computer so they are cleared up now

I'd just go with a lift kit on your mower

Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    HAHA man my neighbors already think the biggest redneck they have ever known lives here already, with my mud tires and dual pipes. I'm sure they are either praying for a moving or a divorce

Quote Originally Posted by 7 point View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gutpile View Post
    HAHA man my neighbors already think the biggest redneck they have ever known lives here already, with my mud tires and dual pipes. I'm sure they are either praying for a moving or a divorce
    Haha! It's either that or just don't mow.