Bowtech Carbon Knight review

Recently, I had the opportunity to shoot the new Bowtech, and will make my best attempt at giving an unbiased view. This is based purely on the feel, look, things I liked, and things I didn't like.

Let me first say that this bow is INSANELY light! The bow is very well balanced, and has nice accents of red throughout the bow, giving a blackwidow look to it. The first thing I noticed, was how thick the grip was upon grabbing the bow. Although, the thickness of the grip was not noticeable at full draw due to the thickness being from the back/front. The other thing very noticeable was the general feel of the riser being very "plastic". This bow feels nothing like the Hoyt carbon bows, but still looks very cool. The draw cycle was exceptionally smooth, and broke over into a solid back wall, without any of shoulder jerking effects of some other high performance cams. This would be ideal for a hunter who has to remain at full draw for an extended period. The bow was also extremely quiet for just being out the box. It does have the classic "pop" that most binary cams have, but barely registers as something to be concerned with on a weary whitetail. The bow did have a significant kick out from the bottom cam on the shot, which I'm fairly certain could be tamed with a stabilizer. The ease of tuning remains to be seen, and that's only because I like a yoke system.

Overall...........this a great bow for the person looking for the lightest, most maneuverable, hunting bow in mind. The price point on this bow will surely sell a ton for the people who want a carbon bow performance, but don't want that hefty price tag. My unbiased opinion is.................. I would wait a while before purchasing this bow. Companies have always trended by letting the public working out the kinks in new models, and technology. However, it looks like Bowtech hit a homerun with this model.

Any cam lean?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Archer View Post
    Any cam lean?
    Yes, but the cam lean is within Bowtech guidelines.

The riser is very rigid, offering only slight flex when the bow was at full draw compared to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    Yes, but the cam lean is within Bowtech guidelines.
    For some reason their guidelines are way different than mine. Explain this slight flex at full draw please.

I looked at switching to Bowtech last year and then I watched my buddy get a taste of their customer service. I just can't get past the fact that their customer service is so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by jdouthit View Post
    I looked at switching to Bowtech last year and then I watched my buddy get a taste of their customer service. I just can't get past the fact that their customer service is so poor.
    Wow, I can't say enough about their CS. They've sent me parts on two bows even though I wasn't the original owner.

Thanks L for the review....Was curious to hear your opinion on it! Only concern was the 3-track Binary cam lean....Also wonder how Stiff the riser was going to be!

GF

Little perplexed bout the riser. From the test I did, and there will be further ones, the riser actually expanded at full draw as if it's under more pressure at static. Gonna have to fool around with it some more.

By chance did you test the draw cycle in 30"and 30.5"?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Archer View Post
    By chance did you test the draw cycle in 30"and 30.5"?
    It was set at 28" and 60#

Well, I was just wondering if it kept the same draw cycle on the longest settings.