Quantcast
Fulton county deer

Fulton county deer

Have only been to the area 1 time, but I was thinking of making a trip down there this fall for a 5 day bow hunt. I own land off of Slippery Rock rd. and was wondering if it is worth the effort and time. Hows the deer population in this part of the state in general?

Thanks, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
    Have only been to the area 1 time, but I was thinking of making a trip down there this fall for a 5 day bow hunt. I own land off of Slippery Rock rd. and was wondering if it is worth the effort and time. Hows the deer population in this part of the state in general?

Thanks, Carl
    We own land on 9 mile ridge, and have done well every year up there for the past 7 years or so since we bought the land. I haven't killed a lot of monsters, but have taken 3 decent 8's, and more does than I care to count over those years. I'm not a big trophy hunter, just a redneck who likes to hunt his land on the weekends, but I would feel pretty certain that in a 5 day trip, you could stand more than a fair chance of getting a nice doe or 2, with a chance on a decent ARKANSAS buck. you being from wisconsin and all, I don't want you mistaking what we call a decent buck down here, lol.

If it is any indication, we did a float trip on the spring river this weekend, and back and forth to the cabin we had encounters seeing deer 4 or 5 times this past weekend.

Couldn't give you a census count or anything, but Fulton definitely can hold it's own for arkansas deer hunting.

Thanks for the info BowFreak, I have been on this sight long enough to know that AR. has some fine deer, lol. I visted the land 2 years ago and really liked the area. Is there alot of public land in that area?

I do most of my deer hunting in Fulton county. It is one of the top counties in North Arkansas for deer population. There is very little public land in the county.
    If you have woods and sit in a good place in 5 days you should definitely get to shoot.

That area isn't known for the size of deer that you will find in the rich and fertile delta but there are nice bucks taken there every year.

I hunt north Sharp County which is real close to where Bowfreak is talking about on 9 mile ridge. I've actually hunted 9 mile ridge some in the past.

As has been said, you shouldn't have any problem seeing deer.

You might think about getting with a member on here that is close. Depending on how much land you have let them set up stands and feeder for you inreturn for a little hunting on the place. Just a thought.

Doug Hodges is online now Premium Member
    2011 Turkey Contest Winner
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    No deer in fulton County, Don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post

Thanks, Carl
    Where exactly is Slippery Rock Rd? I hunt around Elizabeth and have for over 40 years.

By the way, My wifes family is from Racine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hodges View Post
    No deer in fulton County, Don't waste your time.
    None is Sharp County either.

Sounds like a Zone 12 trip is what he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chitlin View Post
    None is Sharp County either.

Sounds like a Zone 12 trip is what he needs.
    YEP>

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chitlin View Post
    That area isn't known for the size of deer that you will find in the rich and fertile delta but there are nice bucks taken there every year.

I hunt north Sharp County which is real close to where Bowfreak is talking about on 9 mile ridge. I've actually hunted 9 mile ridge some in the past.

As has been said, you shouldn't have any problem seeing deer.
    I KNEW that was your turkey blind by the cabin!! Durn you!!

Fulton county is one of my favorite places to bowhunt. Think it is very underrated. I will say this though, it's been my experience in that area that if your're not there hunting it, there is a high likelihood someone else is.

Quote Originally Posted by quax View Post
    Fulton county is one of my favorite places to bowhunt. Think it is very underrated. I will say this though, it's been my experience in that area that if your're not there hunting it, there is a high likelihood someone else is.
    Ain't it the truth. Had a guy walk up and sit down by my feeder this past season with me sitting in a climber 19 yards from it, took me finally whistling for him to notice me. Then found a turkey blind left from turkey season last weekend. Both smack dab in the middle of my land with pretty little signs every 50 feet atound the boundary... even out in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by BowFreak View Post
    Ain't it the truth. Had a guy walk up and sit down by my feeder this past season with me sitting in a climber 19 yards from it, took me finally whistling for him to notice me. Then found a turkey blind left from turkey season last weekend. Both smack dab in the middle of my land with pretty little signs every 50 feet atound the boundary... even out in the woods.
    I'll be more careful next year

I'll be more careful next year
    Thanks bud. Do me a favor please. Take your bud light cans when you go too... I hate policing them up while scouting.

Quote Originally Posted by BowFreak View Post
    Thanks bud. Do me a favor please. Take your bud light cans when you go too... I hate policing them up while scouting.
    That must have been my cousin I took with me one time. We only drink southpaw and iron city light

quax, the same thought has run through my head, but not much I can really do about that and seeing that the land is not something I plan to hunt much, I guess at least someone may be using it. I bought the property because it was so cheap and taxes are only 30 bucks per year.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Fulton county deer

Dash

The hunting is pretty good In that area. well, i have a lot of deer on my place but i dont have the "if its brown its down" rule either lol .I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_5858 View Post
    Dash

The hunting is pretty good In that area. well, i have a lot of deer on my place but i dont have the "if its brown its down" rule either lol .I tried to send you a PM but I'm not sure if it went through.
    Got it and replied. Thank You