Duck Dynasty and Mossberg to produce new shotgun & rifle lines...

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

News

Mossberg Teams Up with Duck Commander for New Shotgun and Rifle Line
    Daniel Xu + View Profile
    Subscribe
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Website
    | June 19, 2013 | | Share Facebook
    Twitter
    Reddit
    Pinterest
    Stumbleupon
    Email this post

The crew of Duck Commander are excited about the prospect of getting their own Mossberg firearms, and so are their fans.

Mossberg fans will be seeing some new, yet familiar faces promoting America’s oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer. Known for their quality-made shotguns and rifles, O.F. Mossberg & Sons announced on Wednesday that they have entered into an agreement with the Robertson family to promote and produce a series of Duck Commander firearms. The brand will focus on the Robertson family’s favorite pastime of waterfowl hunting.

Phil Robertson started his family business out of a broken-down shed where he made his signature duck calls. That was 40 years ago. Now the Robertsons head a multi-million dollar business empire and are not only known in the world of duck hunting, but have managed to ingrain themselves in popular culture as well. Since the family first appeared on Duck Dynasty in 2012, the Robertsons quickly captured America’s attention with their down-home family values and traditions. In the meanwhile, Willie Robertson took the helm of the family business and seemingly cornered the market on all things duck-related. Who better than Duck Commander to lead Mossberg’s new waterfowl hunting line?

“Mossberg is extremely proud to partner with Duck Commander to further promote hunting, shooting sports, and family values,” said Iver Mossberg, CEO of Mossberg & Sons. “The Robertsons’ widespread appeal and ability to cross over into the mainstream has bridged millions to the traditions of hunting and sharing time in the field with family.”

The new line of Duck Commander firearms will include pump-action and autoloading shotguns as well as rifles. When news of the Robertsons’ involvement in Mossberg broke on Facebook, the response was overwhelmingly positive.

“People with values supporting a company known for strong value at very good prices,” said one commentor. “I like it! And they’re made in America. Happy, happy, happy!”

The use of the Robertson catchphrase reinforces the popularity of Duck Dynasty, which recently finished its third season. Willie Robertson spoke out on how honored he was to be working with Mossberg, a company that he greatly respected.

“The Duck Commander franchise was built on hard work, family values and our great American heritage. As an iconic, hard-working American product, made by a family-owned company, Mossberg is a perfect partnership for our team,” he said.

Image courtesy Mossberg

Any views or opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect those of OutdoorHub. Comments on this article reflect the sole opinions of their writers.

Duck Commander calls and Mossberg Shotguns.... A natural match in my book..

Sellouts, theyve gone from browning to benelli to now the crappiest of all duck guns.

Quote Originally Posted by REM870 View Post
    Sellouts, theyve gone from browning to benelli to now the crappiest of all duck guns.
    I concur.

X2, to be honest I can't stand the whole duck dynasty BS. Every ******bag is always yelling jack this, and jack that. To top it off, last year at Macks when they were signing autographs, Si seemed like a complete . Didn't smile, didn't say a word. The only one that would break a smile at my children was John Martin.

Now if they can just get Dodge Trucks on board they'll have the Trifecta!

yeah they are stupid As far as millionaires go anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by pbyron View Post
    yeah they are stupid As far as millionaires go anyway lol
    Yeah, dumb backwoods rednecks, probably why they only have one tv show.
    Last edited by Quack addict; 06-24-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Now that's funny.....I used to hunt with a guy that wouldn't get in the blind with out his high dollar Benelli. Funny thing though I killed just as many ducks with my $150 Mossberg 500. Oh one more thing my Mossberg killed them just as dead as his high dollar Benelli.

I like em.

Quote Originally Posted by steve72444 View Post
    Now that's funny.....I used to hunt with a guy that wouldn't get in the blind with out his high dollar Benelli. Funny thing though I killed just as many ducks with my $150 Mossberg 500. Oh one more thing my Mossberg killed them just as dead as his high dollar Benelli.
    My first Duck gun was a 500 also. Man was it LOUD!!! ( 24" barrel).

BDW is online now Premium Member
    2011 Turkey Contest Winner
    2013 Turkey Contest Winner

We made a trip to their headquarters last year with my little girl and some other ACH kids that were fighting cancer. They were as nice and genuine as they could be to us. I have nothing but respect for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch80 View Post
    Duck Commander calls and Mossberg Shotguns.... A natural match in my book..
    You hit the nail on the head!

You can say what you want about them but the city people love that show. NY and California people are eating it up. Best selling Tshirts out there. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by BDW View Post
    We made a trip to their headquarters last year with my little girl and some other ACH kids that were fighting cancer. They were as nice and genuine as they could be to us. I have nothing but respect for them.
    Thats good to hear. It our case it may have been because they were signing autographs all morning...just got a bad vibe from them.

Say what you want, but I bet any of us would take any endorsement deals we could get if the money was right.

Quote Originally Posted by factory909 View Post
    Thats good to hear. It our case it may have been because they were signing autographs all morning...just got a bad vibe from them.
    We were there too, I can only imagine the # of "apperance's" they make. Also, there probably was a little tension between them and Mack's. If you read Phil's book you will see that Mack laughed Phil out of his store when he was first getting started and rumor has it that RNT was raising a stink too. The only reason I say that and somewhat believe it is because I went into RNT and made the comment where's Si, I was quickly reminded that we are not those guy's??

Not if you already had a endorsement deal with Benelli...

Hey Jack! First off let me say this.... I dislike Mossberg firearms.. IMO they are not quality, but I don't fault them for making their $$. YOU WOULD TOO!! Secondly... I prefer an Echo call over any other and I own upwards of 30 calls duck/goose... If you know how to blow a duck call it don't matter what you use.. I have a $30 DC hanging on my lanyard rite next to a $130 Echo DRT.. Both are good calls... Third.. I've never met any of the robertsons, but they put a quality television program that promotes family, God, and duck hunting.... If you can't dig that then there's something wrong with you. I'm looking forward to the next season.. Happy, Happy, Happy!

I first met Phil back in the late 70's. I actually still blow the old cedar call he gave me then. Never been able to find another one that sounded like it. Phil has changed a lot over the years. In my opinion, he a little arrogant and too big for his own britches - but then I might be the same way if I had the success he has had. I will give him one thing - he worked to make it and he worked hard - nobody gave him anything. He was commercial fishing seven days a week to put food and money on his table while he was getting his call business going. I don't know that I would sell out from sponsor to sponsor like they do - but maybe if the money was right. And as far a Mossberg goes - it has to be better than my Benelli - which is a piece of crap. Everything in it has broken at least once. It is held together by duck tape in SEVERAL places. Performance Way Over Priced is my term for a Benelli - but I can shoot it - so I keep fighting it. Oh, and I have never watched a single edition of Duck Dynasty - just can't make myself do it after seeing how much Phil has changed over the years. But, I wish them the best of luck. Anyone who can bring the non-hunting public over to our side like Duck Dynasty has can't be all bad.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast