swamp dude Troy Landry ticketed by AGFC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Troy and his son were cited recently for driving though Arkansas with deer parts that were killed in Nebraska.
    Neither man was hunting in Arkansas and they were just passing through to home in Lousianna.

All four deer heads were confiscated and some of the meat was confiscated.
    Max $1000 fine and 30 days in jail just for passing through with deer bones from a CWD state.

Old Troy is not happy.

I read that in the paper this morning. Guess he will have to kill a couple extra gators, to make up the cost!

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    When this happen? Not saying its not true just Friday they where going to Iwoa and Jacob kill this deer yesterday.

Guess people need to know the laws before traveling threw states with wild game.

AUCC TUNE! Your Papers Please! Ol' Troy has Enough money To fight them charges if he wants to!

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    When this happen? Not saying its not true just Friday they where going to Iwoa and Jacob kill this deer yesterday.

Guess people need to know the laws before traveling threw states with wild game.
    November 16th.
    They were pulled over and searched and cited.
    One of the bucks was a 153" buck that was the biggest deer his son had ever taken.
    They were 20 minutes from the LA state line when they were pulled over.

By deer parts, does that mean they had illegal parts, no license? or they had heads that were not skinned out.

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Selfbow View Post
    November 16th.
    They were pulled over and searched and cited.
    One of the bucks was a 153" buck that was the biggest deer his son had ever taken.
    They were 20 minutes from the LA state line when they were pulled over.
    Well guess Jacob has another monster now!

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    By deer parts, does that mean they had illegal parts, no license? or they had heads that were not skinned out.
    Heads that had not been cleaned or boiled and deer bones. Everything has to be de-boned.

Maybe he will sneak back an choot all the gators in arkansas .

I understand why the AGFC has the rule but I see Troy's point too. How is a man supposed to know this rule if he does not live in Arkansas?

It is a silly rule. As long as he doesn't throw the bones out in Arkansas he should have been allowed to travel through and take his deer.

I dont understand why or how he was stopped. I do know about the CWD law but its a crock of crap and here is why.
    Just seems fishy to me.
    You know they cant come into the state, but in Baxter County a land fill serves both Arkansas and south Central Missouri,and Missouri law for locker plants is that deer waste must go to a lined land fill. Ok thats fine.

But guess what??????? Those Missouri waste deer parts come to ARKANSAS!

Quote Originally Posted by brushcreek View Post
    I understand why the AGFC has the rule but I see Troy's point too. How is a man supposed to know this rule if he does not live in Arkansas?
    last summer I had to go work in Wisconsin. I researched every state I was going to have to travel through to make sure my ccl was legal. Made me realise how liberal Illinois is. Now that we have the net there is really no excuse for not knowing a law like that. On another note the outfitter needs to tell the hunter about it also. You know the outfitter knew the law.

I understand researching the ccl rules, but on something as obscure as this how could he have even known there was something to research?

So, if I kill a monster buck in another state and want to have it mounted, I'll have to do it in that state instead of using my taxidermist? Is this to keep disease out of the state?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton71801 View Post
    So, if I kill a monster buck in another state and want to have it mounted, I'll have to do it in that state instead of using my taxidermist? Is this to keep disease out of the state?
    You could cape it and clean the skull plate. No bone other than horns, cleaned skulls/skull plates with no tissue on them.

You can bring the cleaned antlers, the DEBONED meat and cape back. I'm glad the AGFC have rules like this in place. If cwd is exposed to our deer herd it will create tons of problems. Our deer herd is a huge asset to the state of Arkansas and if we become a CWD state some people will be scared to eat the meat and so forth. They will stop hunting and in turn that will effect our economy. Think about how much $$$$ is generated just from deer hunting in Ar. Believe it or not the AGFC is trying to help all of us. They are not their just to write you a ticket.

Now what r the chances that out of all the people drivin thru ar, that those 2 would get pulled over.

Quote Originally Posted by shady grove View Post
    Now what r the chances that out of all the people drivin thru ar, that those 2 would get pulled over.
    I'd say pretty fair odds

If passing through at 60 MPH with some deer bones in an ice chest will spread the disease, the deer don't stand a chance. If CWD was that contagious, every deer in America would be dead in a week.

That law is a joke.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast