Armadillos illegal

Armadillos illegal

Hey guys, some of ya'll may hate me for this, but i had always thought that it was illegal to kill armadillos, but never said anything, but somebody asked agfc on facebook about it, and it is infact illegal to kill them without a depredation permit since they are non-game animals. Therefore as much as yall may not like it, i would suggest that dillos should be taken off the list for the bowhunting contest. since they are illegal to kill, i dont think it makes hunters look good when we are rewarded with points for illegal animals.... i know its just a dillo, but laws are laws. do what you like.....

Thks for info.

Armadillos illegal

Not wearing your seat belt is illegal too...

:fit:

luckless is offline Member
    Forum Sponsor
    2011 Turkey Contest Winner
    2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Armadillos illegal

[QUOTE=WILDMAN44;1628216]Not wearing your seat belt is illegal too...[/QUOTE]

So is speeding and following too closely.

I don't have any input for a armadillo being on the bow hunting contest. But...why is the animal illegal to kill to begin with? This animal is NOT native to Arkansas and is spreading throughout the southern states. I assumed these animals would be treated the same as the lizards taking over in Florida and considered a nuisance animal. Just my 2 cents, anyone is free to correct me.

John Stiles is online now Ultimate Member
    2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
    [QUOTE=tgooch;1628253]I don't have any input for a armadillo being on the bow hunting contest. But...why is the animal illegal to kill to begin with? This animal is NOT native to Arkansas and is spreading throughout the southern states. I assumed these animals would be treated the same as the lizards taking over in Florida and considered a nuisance animal. Just my 2 cents, anyone is free to correct me.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly my thoughts! Not to mention they are a carrier of leprosy. You certainly wouldn't want to get the blood on you or worse, in a cut etc. Them evil little boogers have zero benefit as far as I'm concerned...why else do ya think the Aussies wanted to pawn them off on us Americans? :skeptical::razz::biggrin:

Well to be honest guy the one I posted about I found dead on the interstate and just took a picture with it. I would never shoot one, it being against the law and all.

Nevermind I did shoot that one, during daylight hours because it was causing damage to my property.

[url]http://www.agfc.com/species/Pages/Sp...eWildlife.aspx[/url]

Beaver, coyote, muskrat, nutria, striped skunk and nongame wildlife other than migratory birds and endangered species that are causing damage to property may be taken during daylight hours or trapped the entire year. Rodenticides may be used to control mice and rats, but poisons or chemicals may not be used to kill any other animal. English sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and crows committing damage to agriculture crops and personal property may be taken without a permit.

[QUOTE=alexanderg23;1628294]Nevermind I did shoot that one, during daylight hours because it was causing damage to my property.

[url]http://www.agfc.com/species/Pages/Sp...eWildlife.aspx[/url]

Beaver, coyote, muskrat, nutria, striped skunk and nongame wildlife other than migratory birds and endangered species that are causing damage to property may be taken during daylight hours or trapped the entire year. Rodenticides may be used to control mice and rats, but poisons or chemicals may not be used to kill any other animal. English sparrows, blackbirds, starlings and crows committing damage to agriculture crops and personal property may be taken without a permit.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, i read the response on agfc wrong because of the way it was written. this thread can be deleted. sorry for the confusion. Karen roe ( who works for agfc) posted "DEPREDATION PERMIT REQUIREMENT
    04-12
    It is unlawful to take or attempt to take any game or furbearing animal damaging crops or personal property without obtaining a Depredation Permit and complying with the terms and provisions of the permit. Non-game wildlife, excluding migratory birds and endangered species, which pose a reasonable threat to persons or property, may be taken
    during daylight hours with firearms, or trapped (Code 17.01), without a Depredation Permit (Addendum G1.01)." therefore i took it as depredation permit was required. except for the fact that theya re non game.

We actually do not have Armadillos here in Arkansas. If you happen to be lucky enough to see one the you have likely saw one passing thru from Louisiana to Missouri.:biggrin:
    Last edited by BIG JIM; 09-22-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Forum Sponsor

Armadillos illegal

[QUOTE=BIG JIM;1628381]We actually do not have Armadillos here in Arkansas. If you happen to be lucky enough to see one the you have likely saw one passing thru from Louisiana to Missouri.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Well played

Forum Sponsor

Armadillos illegal

[QUOTE=BIG JIM;1628381]We actually do not have Armadillos here in Arkansas. If you happen to be lucky enough to see one the you have likely saw one passing thru from Louisiana to Missouri.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Well played

John Stiles is online now Ultimate Member
    2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
    Or somebody's escaped pet....:fit::fit::fit::thumb:

turkeylurkey is offline Super Member
    2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
    Funny stuff!!

Armadillos illegal

Texas speed bump

They are being dumped here so we can chase them with dogs!!!! :whistle:

there was a season for them last year:head: