Quantcast
Cabela's in Rogers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cabela's in Rogers

Does anyone know when they'll open? I have to say, this is not going to be good for the ole budget!

All I heard is this summer.

I heard a radio spot where they are seeking applications. It's going up fast.

dont anyone know how to Google stuff?
    http://www.cabelas.com/resources/rog...-release.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    dont anyone know how to Google stuff?
    http://www.cabelas.com/resources/rog...-release.shtml
    That might be where I heard "this summer"

I'm looking for the date!

Dont think they have a defined date yet. You got money just burning a hole in your pocket?

http://jobs.arkansasonline.com/jobs/...ontextType=rss

http://bellavistaarkansas.org/Cabela_s.html

Pretty much everything says late summer.

I drive by it twice a day. Sign in front says: "Opening Summer 2012".

They are currently working on the roof from what I can see from the road. No clue what is going on inside the building. tick tock tick tock

Does this mean they'll charge sales tax on mail order now?

If so they can say goodbye to my business..........

Quote Originally Posted by Powerquack2K View Post

I think so.

They have been making some impressive progress on the building. Still, I would guess it's gonna be late summer before it's open.

Why be upset with the store? They didn't make the law your state rep. did. I am sure it cost them money to do all of the paper work to collect the tax.

Opening in summer 2012 and are hiring now so I would think they would around the end of June sure is a nice building.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnwahunter View Post
    Why be upset with the store? They didn't make the law your state rep. did. I am sure it cost them money to do all of the paper work to collect the tax.
    I'm not upset with the store....... I'm just not paying tax on a mail order product when I can get it somewhere else.

I hate big box sporting goods stores...... try to never go in one.

I'm not upset with the store....... I'm just not paying tax on a mail order product when I can get it somewhere else.

I hate big box sporting goods stores...... try to never go in one.
    I hear it's all Tom Cotton's fault

Quote Originally Posted by AR Coon Hunter View Post
    I hear it's all Tom Cotton's fault
    Bass Pro never got their LR store off the ground, but I bet they pick up a good deal of mail business because of the new cabelas store.

2 1/2 million people in Arkansas and only 400K of those in NWA...........why would you build a high overhead big box store in today's world?

There is a lot of money in NWA........most people have jobs up there.
    How big is this Cabela's?
    I usually hit either Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops when I road trip to a bigger place like Kansas City,Springfield,Phoenix,and Tulsa has a nice BP or many other places airplanes break..........

Quote Originally Posted by soarkrebel View Post
    There is a lot of money in NWA........most people have jobs up there.
    How big is this Cabela's?
    I usually hit either Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops when I road trip to a bigger place like Kansas City,Springfield,Phoenix,and Tulsa has a nice BP or many other places airplanes break..........
    I want to say someone told me it's their smallest format. They're sure chugging along on that building.
    I seriously doubt that they decided to build a store here by throwing darts at a map. I think I read in one article that catlog sales were taken into account. It would make sense that there's a lot of mail order business here. With the exception of the year or two when Sportsmans Whorehouse was open, we've never had a decent sporting goods store. I order practically all my hunting gear except for archery stuff.

I talked with the general manager last week. He said store will be open on Aug 31 one way or the other. Also said store was the same store that they have in Allen Tx. Not huge but big enough to carry lots of stuff

Yes, I spent about 3 hours in the store in Allen last week, and they told me that the store in Rogers will be the same size as theirs.

How does the Allen store compare to the one in Fort Worth?

Quote Originally Posted by grits and gravy View Post
    I talked with the general manager last week. He said store will be open on Aug 31 one way or the other. Also said store was the same store that they have in Allen Tx. Not huge but big enough to carry lots of stuff
    Gm told me the same thing. Mid to late August

Bass Pro never got their LR store off the ground, but I bet they pick up a good deal of mail business because of the new cabelas store.

2 1/2 million people in Arkansas and only 400K of those in NWA...........why would you build a high overhead big box store in today's world?
    You might want to come up here and visit NWA there is a lot of money here. Construction has started again here seems like on every corner, houses are starting back as well. Got a friend of mine who is in Real Estate here says business is up 129% over last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Ranger View Post
    How does the Allen store compare to the one in Fort Worth?
    I'm not for sure, because I was only in the Fort Worth store one time and it's been awhile... From the best of my memory I think the Allen store is a little smaller.... But I don't think by much. The mountain in the Allen store was smaller...

I was in Baton Rouge this weekend and went to bass pro and cabelas.. I had never been in either and I didn't want to leave either!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hog_54 View Post
    You might want to come up here and visit NWA there is a lot of money here. Construction has started again here seems like on every corner, houses are starting back as well. Got a friend of mine who is in Real Estate here says business is up 129% over last year.
    I went to sportsman's warehouse when it was in NWA..... place was a tomb.

People in NWA are subdivision dwellers and corporate drones for the most part (great place for a granola/bike/hiking store)........ and Cabelas won't do much good against Ozark Armory on guns for the hill billies either.

I went to sportsman's warehouse when it was in NWA..... place was a tomb.

People in NWA are subdivision dwellers and corporate drones for the most part (great place for a granola/bike/hiking store)........ and Cabelas won't do much good against Ozark Armory on guns for the hill billies either.
    PowerQuack2K -

I hope you do not really believe what you said? Yes, there are a lot of Walmart and vendor community employees here but they are not the way you characterized them at all. Many are from places like SW Missouri, all of Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Illinois, Mississippi, etc. as those are the ones WM targets in recruiting since the retention is better with people that have more in common with NWA. Actually, I meet a lot of people at the gym, ball games, lakes, AH.net cook-outs, etc. and am always surprised how many people originate in other parts of Arkansas and have chosen to move here for jobs and the life style but most continue to be hunters and fishermen as do their children.

The fishing is great here but the hunting is less available since there is such a large population using the public areas. I hunt primarily in SE Kansas which is great and only 1 1/2 hours from my home and SW Missouri which is 30 minutes from my home. BTW, I do hike and bike in the off season but I hunt (coyotes, turkey, deer, crow, etc.) and fish more days than most people.

I look forward to Cabela's opening in Rogers. Sportman's Warehouse was great but they built so many stores in a short period of time and did not have the captial and closed most of their newer stores.

Steve/"Dermott"

THExONE is offline Moderator
    Deer Hunting
    2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Winnerr
    2013-14 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermott View Post
    PowerQuack2K -

I hope you do not really believe what you said? Yes, there are a lot of Walmart and vendor community employees here but they are not the way you characterized them at all. Many are from places like SW Missouri, all of Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Illinois, Mississippi, etc. as those are the ones WM targets in recruiting since the retention is better with people that have more in common with NWA. Actually, I meet a lot of people at the gym, ball games, lakes, AH.net cook-outs, etc. and am always surprised how many people originate in other parts of Arkansas and have chosen to move here for jobs and the life style but most continue to be hunters and fishermen as do their children.

The fishing is great here but the hunting is less available since there is such a large population using the public areas. I hunt primarily in SE Kansas which is great and only 1 1/2 hours from my home and SW Missouri which is 30 minutes from my home. BTW, I do hike and bike in the off season but I hunt (coyotes, turkey, deer, crow, etc.) and fish more days than most people.

I look forward to Cabela's opening in Rogers. Sportman's Warehouse was great but they built so many stores in a short period of time and did not have the captial and closed most of their newer stores.

Steve/"Dermott"
    Dang Steve, You probably eat granola also.....

Sam, yes, I would if granolat was all that was available -- I'm a survivor!! We need to fish one of the Bella Vista lakes soon or the "secret" one in SW MO while they are still biting well.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dermott View Post
    Sam, yes, I would if granolat was all that was available -- I'm a survivor!! We need to fish one of the Bella Vista lakes soon or the "secret" one in SW MO while they are still biting well.

Steve
    I see how you are....inviting him.....AND NOT INVITING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whodini, now I hope you don't really believe that! Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast