Next world record whitetail

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next world record whitetail

What state/province do you think the next world record whitetail (gun or bow) is likely to be taken in?
    Will it be a typical, or non-typical?
    B&C or P&Y?
    Your predictions....
    Predicting is free, so predict away!

Typical out of Ohio.

I think it will be a typical out of the Canadian plains, Alberta/Saskatchewan.

Probably in the Sharp, Lawrence, Randolph Tri-County area of North Arkansas.

I routinely pass on 200 inchers waiting on that record buck. If it ain't over 250, I ain't shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post

I routinely pass on 200 inchers waiting on that record buck. If it ain't over 250, I ain't shooting.
    I see them on my place in Sharp County all the time. We don't shoot 200" dinks.

Kansas... Non typical or typical doesn't really matter. Figure this state is as good of guess as any...

Sedan KS Typical buck 2011 MZ season

Quote Originally Posted by AR Coon Hunter View Post
    Sedan KS Typical buck 2011 MZ season
    Wishful thinkin?

I'm surprised by all the votes being for typical. There's been 2 typical whitetail records set in the last 100 years.
    I'd say non-typical. Could be anywhere. Bucks that big are FREAKS. If pressed, I'd play the numbers and say Wisconsin. More B&C entries than any other state by looooooong shot.

Buffalo county WI

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbshunter View Post
    I'm surprised by all the votes being for typical. There's been 2 typical whitetail records set in the last 100 years.
    I'd say non-typical. Could be anywhere. Bucks that big are FREAKS. If pressed, I'd play the numbers and say Wisconsin. More B&C entries than any other state by looooooong shot.
    HH, check out the Johnny King buck from Wisconsin. Killed a year or two ago it actually should be the new world record typical. Boone & Crockett Club has made a PR nightmare out of the back & forth if it's typical or non-typical. It nets higher than Milo's buck & yes from WI. One impressive deer. I hope B&C will get it together & do what the right thing is. I would be pretty hacked off if I was the guy that killed it. They have really jerked him around.

HH, check out the Johnny King buck from Wisconsin. Killed a year or two ago it actually should be the new world record typical. Boone & Crockett Club has made a PR nightmare out of the back & forth if it's typical or non-typical. It nets higher than Milo's buck & yes from WI. One impressive deer. I hope B&C will get it together & do what the right thing is. I would be pretty hacked off if I was the guy that killed it. They have really jerked him around.

Quote Originally Posted by biggobs View Post
    I think I know which one you're talking about. I actually checked B&C's site before posting bc I wasnt sure if that one busted the Hanson buck.
    When I was a kid, I used to subscribe to North American Whitetail, but those articles get old quick. If you want the scoop on big bucks that have been harvested, that's where to read it.

You know... I double checked my statement about WI. I was wrong. I must have been thinking of Buffalo Co, WI.

I think I know which one you're talking about. I actually checked B&C's site before posting bc I wasnt sure if that one busted the Hanson buck.
    When I was a kid, I used to subscribe to North American Whitetail, but those articles get old quick. If you want the scoop on big bucks that have been harvested, that's where to read it.

You know... I double checked my statement about WI. I was wrong. I must have been thinking of Buffalo Co, WI.
    It did bust Hanson's but the guy messed up & 2 different "official" B&C scorers score it & 1 said it was typical & 1 said non-typical. Everyone else that has looked at it says what is obvious....it's typical but this one guy has something against the guy that killed it & is not backing down. It will have to be "panel scored" by B&C if it is to be scored officially as a typical & if so it will beat Hanson's by a hair.

South central Missouri. Always looked over and shadowed by Iowa and Illinois. I wish it would be taken by a bow but statistics say it will be rifle.

Baxter, Marion, or Boone county in North AR, only it will be poached with a .22 mag so disqualified from record books. Just joking, I'd guess Iowa.

Tink is offline Platinum Member
    2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
    Iowa!

Illinois, too many states can produce one though.

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chitlin View Post
    I see them on my place in Sharp County all the time. We don't shoot 200" dinks.

sounds like you guys score deer like some other people i know, they have killed some of the smallest 160-170-180 class deer that i have ever seen. LOL

Its going to come out of Grant County the first week of October. He is in my 20 acre high fence. Scores 231. Got the next record alligator tied up in my pond too. His name is tator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast